Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About AndrewS

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. AndrewS

    Wingnut Wing - opening up the fuselage

    Hi! there's a nice example of fuselage with removed fabric in this book http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1101 (see the last pic). Unfortunately is out of print, but maybe you can find a copy somewhere. Andrew
  2. AndrewS

    Wingnut Wings LVG CVI

    Excellent work!
  3. AndrewS

    1/32 Ta152 - ZM kit OOB

    Great build , great painting and great weathering! Nothing else to say Andrew
  4. Finished! - Wingnut Wings model Roland DVI.a - Gaspatch metal turnbuckles - Taurus model resin parts for engine (Valve springs and rockers) - Wodd & Wire lozenge decals You can find the build thread here : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48879 If you want see some specific detail just ask and I'll do some pictures Andrew
  5. AndrewS

    Wingnut 1/32 Roland D.VIa

    Finished! Now I'll post a thread in the finished section with other pictures. I'm very proud of the result, not perfect but absolutely the best model I've evere build! The aftermarket parts taht I've choose was also great (wood & wire decals, taurus resins and Gaspatch turnbuckles), thanks to those great guys that produce them Now it's time to choose the next model to build... the Salmson? The DH9? Will see... Thanks to everybody for the C&C and the nice words! Andrew
  6. AndrewS

    WNW Roland D.VIa Finnished.

    Hi! Nice job! The instrument is an altimeter , it was mounted suspended with springs (if you search for german wwi altimeter you should find some references). It wasn't mounted on all aircrafts, anyway Wingnutwing has added it to the kit, is the piece A8 and is indicated on the instructions http://wingnutwings.com/ww/vC8C3C405/www/products/model_kitsets/32022/online_instructions/Roland%20D.VIa%20Page%2003.jpg under the picture on the bottom of the page Hope it helps! :-) Andrew
  7. AndrewS

    Wingnut 1/32 Roland D.VIa

    Hi! I've installed the wings and started the rigging. As usual Wingnut has done a fantastic job and the wings went on without problem Also the rigging gave me no problem. well, after my last project I think that I know a lot of things about how to rigg a plane my FE2B: I love the Gaspatch turnbuckles they look absolutely realistic For the rigging I've used an elastic thread That's all, during the week end I'll do some better pictures and I'll go on with the ailerons and the landing gear. best, Andrew
  8. AndrewS

    WNW Roland D.VIa Finnished.

    Nice start and nice "save" on the rocker arms! Andrew
  9. AndrewS

    Wingnut 1/32 Roland D.VIa

    Hi! Not much work the last week. I've been very busy at work and at home with 3d modelling on pc... I've clear coated the propeller with tamiya clear yellow and added the decals Some weathering on the landing gear And I've started to add the turnbuckles for the rigging on the lower wing That's all. I hope to do more work this week Andrew
  10. AndrewS

    Roden 1/32 Pfalz D.III

    Nice start! Andrew
  11. AndrewS

    Wingnut 1/32 Roland D.VIa

    Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post... I used the oils straight from the tube. I've put them on the surface , waited few minutes and wiped away with a slight moistened brush. Some updates: I've started to paint the propeller. Acrylic base and oils on top. later I'll add a top coat with tamiya clear yellow The oils on the fuselage are dry, so I've added a clear coat to seal it and posed the decals almost ready for the final assembly I hope to do some work during the week end! bye Andrew
  12. AndrewS


    Excellent job ! Very realistic. Best Andrew
  13. AndrewS

    Sopwith Pup RNAS ... WNW's 1/32

    Nice "see trought" effect For the metallic paint, why don't you try alclad? Andrew
  14. AndrewS

    Wingnut 1/32 Roland D.VIa

    Hi! Thanks for your nice comments I've added some reinforcements on the wings that can be seen on the pictures of real aircraft. On the upper wing the crosses were repainted over the old style ones, like on the real plane (you see gray on the first picture, but after a discussion on a WWI forum I've decided that green was more probable) I've buit from scrtch the mg supports inside the cockpit (they still need some details) Now the turnbuckles: I've used the gaspatch model ones. I've added a small eyelet on one end to fix them in the holes on the wing. Gaspatch sells a type of turnbuckles with this eyelet end allready modelled, but because is a rigid part attached to the turnbuckles , you have to attache the turnbuckles to the wing allready with the right angle. With my method you have some degrees of freedom because the eyelet is non rigidly fixed to the turnbuckle. You can see also some eyelet that I'll glue to the top wing to fix the rigging wire (this plane has turnbuckles on lower wing and rigid attachment on the top wing). Below you can see how I make them. The tool that I use is a pin that I found in an old tool box, but you can create something similar with steel wire. best Andrew