Jump to content

Hardcore

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    1,162
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Hardcore


  1. Given the popularity of the subject, the advanced technology available for design, production and distribution... I can't see there will not be a new kit released in the future. Maybe not from ZM, maybe not as complex, but could be even better! 


  2. So, some progress. Applying the classic tail band. Gunze white acrylic, but it turned out to be lighter than the cross on the fin, which is basically a primer. No big deal. It is hard to notice. 

     

    IMG_20190729_211830142_zpsk6yw36js.jpg

     

    IMG_20190729_222607780_zpsscj1q5hi.jpg

     

    Adding the fasces. They are 1/48 Scale and are too small. Hmmmm. Maybe I got bigger ones somewhere. Note to self. Scrounge bombs. 

     

    IMG_20190801_213957995_zpsgp1wyqml.jpg

     

    I am happy with the result so far, but I worry about weathering. I'll think I will use the sponge technique. 

     

    Thanks for looking!

     

     

     


  3. I can add that I didn't bother with any fading because that would mean trying to find a proper colour in my drawer, rather than just adding white to the base (something not possible with this spray can.)  I still fell I need some weathering to be done, perhaps by sponge?  

     

    I just found out about photobuckets watermark. Something will have to be done about that.

     


  4. Another commission for a friend. It is basically a toy that I have modded, or destroyed, depending how you see it. 

    Getting rid of the wings simplified things a bit. 

     

    Primer is some powerful plastic Primer i bought specifically for this project. 

    (The toy is not exactly made of styrene but some other plastic i suspected could cause trouble.) On top of that i should perhaps have used white overall, but for some reason I only used it on the fin to make markings. 

    Instead I sprayed on Citadel 'Zandri Dust' directly from the can. It didn't cover well and i had to apply many layers of paint to get an opaque surface. 

     

    I tested new 0.2mm needle and nozzle in my Iwata Neo when painting the mottles. It originally is an 0.35mm AB but I bought spare parts on ebay to make on unofficial upgrade. 

    It worked reasonably well, but then the paint was Gunze RLM82 light grun IIRC. Good paint that. 

    The panel wash is just earth oil colour. Next session I will clean that upp. 

     

    IMG_20190328_212701402_zpsd53ppcro.jpg

    IMG_20190628_194919168_zpsgxpto08a.jpg

     

    IMG_20190628_215422747_zpskim5r823.jpg

     

    IMG_20190701_232303334_zpsosf9xmo8.jpg

     


  5. Given that the Luftwaffe did fly missions to the very end, and that the personnel was transferred to the infantry... 

     

    Total breakdown only occurs when you get no orders from the top. Until then machinery turns and work is done, regardless of the situation. A similar case is ceasefires. War continues up until the agreed point, strange as it seems. 


  6. Got my decals for the build. It is peddinghaus late war markings in 1/48 Scale. 

     

    IMG_20190328_202024035_zpsxhmhnhgx.jpg

     

    The decals looks nice but are not contour cut. Something to keep in mind if you want to purchase from PH. 

    I chose the sheet that gave me most crosses so that I have plenty of markings for my toon projects. Since they are something of what-if projects to begin with i don't bother much with getting markings right. ^^

     

    Gloss varnish and all the setting solutions I got was used to make the decals  conform to the zimmerit. Hopefully it will look OK after the flat varnish I will apply later. 

     

    IMG_20190328_212725376_zpshtbsngeq.jpg

     

    I am still looking for a good wooden base to make a Diorama. The idea is to make something like that well known photo of tigers parked under trees in Normandy. 

     

     

    In other news is my successful test of a plastic Primer for a slaver-1 i am working on. The plastic is not styrene but some pvc. (it is a toy)  The Primer is transparent but with some metallic in it to make it more visible. It stuck really hard to the plastic. (not shown) 

    IMG_20190328_212701402_zpsxxks0yub.jpg

     

    That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

×
×
  • Create New...