Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by BloorwestSiR

  1. According to my build thread, it was 18 pennies. They're not longer legal tender in Canada so that is what I've been using them for.
  2. I nearly bought Radu's kit at the Colindale Hannant's store but didn't for some reason. I did end up getting the Fly kit and built that one. The cockpit was definitely a challenge due to the exposed wiring. If ZM do come out with one, I might have to get one as well. Carl
  3. Use parts A20, A11, A12 and A21 instead for flaps up. They're shown in step 45 of the instructions. Carl
  4. I've used the Sil Aire compressor in your oringal post for almost 28 years now. I bought it used in 1991 from a friend. It is extremely quiet as others have posted. Our small wine fridge is louder than it. They are not the cheapest option but considering how long I've had mine, I'd say they're worth the cost. Carl
  5. I started on scratch building one but haven't gotten around to finishing the relevant bits.
  6. Watched the CWHM's Lanc attend her one and only airshow this year. Parked next to their Dakota: Takeoff: Carl
  7. My boys and I just built the Lego one and it's currently atop our living room coffee table. I have no idea where we're going to put it. Maybe taking off from their Lego Hogwarts Castle?
  8. Brian, that's an awesome gift and a great looking car. Funny enough I was passed today by a similar vintage Cutlass convertible but white with gold trim. Enjoy the top down motoring. It's so much fun when the weather's great. Carl
  9. Iain, it's indeed great fun to drive. 660cc with triple throttle bodies so it has great throttle response. It would probably make your Elise look big. Here it is next our family car which is a Honda Fit (Jazz).
  10. That's great news Iain! I just put my Honda Beat back on the road this year after it was stored for the last 18 months. It didn't pass the emissions test last year and I was dreading doing the timing belt and water pump since they were last done 12 years ago. The e-test ended being eliminated by the government so that took care of that. A couple friends then gave me a hand with the last two which aren't easy on a mid engine car that's for sure.
  11. My wife will often banish me to my workbench so I don't think I have too much of a concern. The only time she became upset was when I had 5 or 6 kits arrive in two days. The first day it was a sizable box and she was annoyed that I had bought them thinking it was excessive. The next day a larger box showed up with more kits and all she could do was laugh. Nowadays, our two sons have shown an interest in models so it's become a family activity. I may even need to get a bigger bench to accomodate them. Carl
  12. I had DN Models make some custom masks for me. Drop them a line and see if they can help you out. Carl
  13. Keith's was a great shop too. I still have stuff in my stash with price stickers from their store.
  14. The afternoon of the 23rd could work for me. I'm home for the summer with my boys most days so just PM me when you know
  15. Thanks Ron! Forgot to mention that it's also readily accessible by public transit. It's a 5-10 minute walk from Woodbine subway station.
  16. For Toronto, there's Wheels and Wings Hobbies. They're pretty much a full service hobby shop with a great selection of kits, aftermarket, supplies and reference materials. http://www.wheelswingshobbies.com/ They've got a basement area with older kits. I'm still waiting for their new website which will allow them to finally list a 10,000 kit collection they bought last year. Thomas, let me know when you're around and I can possibly meet you there. Carl
  17. The decals are from Belcher's Bits. There is talk that Mike Belcher is working on bulged bomb bays for the HK Lanc which would allow one to build the wartime version of VR-A amongst others.
  18. Jennings, my condolences on your mom's passing. Carl
  19. It says the kit will be out in the 4th quarter of this year so not too far away. Whether it's an all new kit or a variation on an existing one, I have no idea. Just a couple more days until we find out. Carl
  20. I know where there's a couple of them and am just waiting for them to come up for sale. Hopefully it will sometime soon.
  21. I went today and attended a couple speaking sessions. One was with Dick Rutan talking about his round the world flight in Voyager. The other was with a gent from Avspecs talking about the Mossie and her restoration. I managed to get a couple more pics as well. The aforementioned Mossie: Dick Rutan is in the left folding chair in front of the Mosquito. A C-5 replaced the UPS 747 from Wednesday. Wishful thinking for this to be my next Honda
  22. Thanks Michael! It ended up coinciding with my visit to my sister. Otherwise I never thought I'd have made it.
  23. Anthony, I initially saw only one. There was an FB VI on display that had flown in and I subsequently saw a two stage Mossie that definitely wasn't airworthy.
  24. You're welcome! I've got a Pixel 3 phone. If you click the last Mustang photo it should take you to a video of the plane taxiing in next to me while I was looking at another Mustang.
  • Create New...