Revell's Bf110 v dragon 110

npb748r

I've been after dragon's 110 (I want an early, non-nightfighter mark) for months now, thought I'd got one from ebay but the parcel went missing. Since then, there's not been one for sale in the UK that I can find. There are currently 3 revell kits on ebay though, I know they are much older but wonder for those of you who have experience of both kits, should I wait for a dragon one to become available or does the revell kit build up ok ?

thanks

neil

... thought I'd got one from ebay but the parcel went missing. Since then, there's not been one for sale in the UK that I can find ...

As above - The quality of kit has been covered! ... There really is no comparison.

Just remember to download the "Instruction sheet errata" from somewhere before you get going with your Dragon kit when you finally get it ... It's the Dragon kits' achilles heel!

Most importantly, though ... I hope you got your money back for the missing parcel!!

Rog :)

... I bought it when I first started modeling again ...

... and before I knew how to research reviews and build threads ... the standard learning curve most of us have experienced with that bitter aftertaste of regret, I think!

As above - The quality of kit has been covered! ... There really is no comparison.

Just remember to download the "Instruction sheet errata" from somewhere before you get going with your Dragon kit when you finally get it ... It's the Dragon kits' achilles heel!

Most importantly, though ... I hope you got your money back for the missing parcel!!

Link Please....

Oh my goodness!!!! Granted, the Revell kit is no match for the Dragon kit, but it ain't all that bad! A little tender loving care and you can have a nice model. A lot of tender loving care and you can have a contest winner. I've seen contest winners with this kit. So, depends what you're after really. If you're really wanting a contest bird without having to do some scratch building, get the Dragon kit. If you're a modeler wanting to have some fun, with some or a lot of scratch building, get the Revell. The Revell kit is a good way to cut your teeth in detailing, scribing, etc. A nice platform. The Dragon kit is more shake and bake, up to date, modern kit, just needing things like an Eduard set to flesh it out, resin wheels, etc.

I have a Revell Me-110C kit that I intend to build. Plan to do some scratch building, scribing panel lines, etc. Have some resin wheels for it. Just look around this site and see what people have done with Revell's Beaufighter, Mosquito, Typhoon, Zero, Wildcat, etc. Revell kits can be fun to build and sharpen your skills!