He-111P, night raids over the British Isles

Guest Martinnfb

Aha - apologies Martin - didn't realise quickboost had done some exhausts - weren't available when I did mine!

Build was for Military in Scale magazine when the kit came out - not sure whether I did a build log anywhere (off to have a look...). Photo is off Facebook - so has been degraded.

EDIT - found thread - but all pix are gone apart from some random external links.

I did 'E' in this image:

27-2.jpg

Iain

Guest Clunkmeister

I'm just thinking it's got to be bloody deafening in that nose cupola, right between those props like that.

Bummer, We've all had these moments, Martin (those who don't, please raise your hands, so we know WHO is never modelling :) )

I think the best piece of advice I have seen is to glue (with JB Weld or another epoxy) the cement bottle inside an upturned metallic glass jar lid. It widens the base, and if you spill anything, it spills in the lid. Now why don't I do this myself ? :hmmm:

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

LOL< thanks guys for the positive reinforcement, I was so angry last night. If this was the first occurrence I would forgive myself, but it is the same story again and again and my flat learning curve frustrates me quite a bit. :)

Guest Clunkmeister

Ugh. Been there, done that.

I dumped a whole bottle of Alclad airbrush cleaner on a T-28 canopy. I turned it in to silly putty. Not cool.

LOL< thanks guys for the positive reinforcement, I was so angry last night. If this was the first occurrence I would forgive myself, but it is the same story again and again and my flat learning curve frustrates me quite a bit. :)

I've done it..we've all done it Martin..I put my solvents and decal solutions in a small plastic tub when using them now,,still spill occasionally but it doesn't go anywhere.

What I still do, even yesterday, that infuriates me to no end is flicking CA on to a perfectly smooth glossy wing or fuselage.

Take a break..shovel some snow,Give the dog a bath,try again tomorrow.

This is the face I make when the aforementioned CA ends up where it wants to.

lqt2fQ.gif

A little late to the 'been there done that party' but I've put more than one nice glue fingerprint onto a beautifully clear canopy, or top of a nicely painted wing, or ran a drip of cement down the side of a fuselage.  Oh yeah. Been there.  Got the fingerprints to prove it.  And is irritates the hell out of me when I do it.

When gluing now what I use are those white tube ends.  You can get a mess of them from MicroMark and they are like little dishes.  They call them 'Mixing Pallets' but they are the plastic ends that go in tubes for shipping.  $9.95 for 40 of the suckers. 

aoGLFq.jpg

I use them for pretty much everything except Tamiya Extra thin and the black Model Master glue with that long metal tube - I'll put a spot or two of whatever else i'm using (CA, Gator Glue Gel, etc) and work from the little dish using toothpicks (mostly) or micro brushes to transfer the cement where I need it.  I even put a drop or two of paint in them when I'm hand painting.  When dry the paint scrapes right off.

Not sure if they would work for you but I use them all the time now.

Edited by CANicoll