• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

I always knew Waters was bitter about the loss of his father.  It's just a part of too many songs not to understand.  When the Tigers Broke Free has always been one of my favorite Floyd pieces.

Trump is an easy choice for negative commentary by anyone, and after not living in the US for 17 years now, I'm beginning to learn different views from a different viewpoint.

All being said and done, much of the concert was older music made relevant to today's issues.  Same thing with The Wall World Tour last time he was here.

Gaz

• The Southern Bandit likes this

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#17 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

Fair comment Gaz, Not a Trump fan, but I was never a Thatcher, Blair or Cameron fan either, all politicians are rotten to the core IMHO and thats what Rock stars like to moan about ... these politicians are going to get some stick and agro and if they dont like it they should not be doing the job ... but I digress :)

And we should stop the politic stuff angles I guess ... dont want this thread deleted.

At end of day, Roger does write brilliant songs ... have always thought David Gilmour is a fantastic Musician and Roger waters is a Brilliant writer, but honestly Gaz, Roger can still produce great songs ... please give this one your best listen ... its not all about the wall stuff.

When The Tigers Broke Free is awesome, but this is good too.

Hard not to be moved by that.

#18 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

That was part of the concert I was at on Wednesday.  Great piece of music, for sure.  But that is why I've always loved RW.  So many songs of his move me.

I've always identified with his music as in many ways it seemed to parallel my own life.

Gaz

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#19 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Hi SB, I certainly do remember 'TV on the radio' as the late, great Tommy billed himself. Was my Friday night ritual for so many years and introduced me to so many great new bands. Was also the only thing ever worth listening to on Radio 1. Ah, memories....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users