• Jack, Lothar and Gazzas like this

#2 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Well, you asked and I am getting old.

So what do you think would be the most important thing I would look forward to?

:punk:

• The Southern Bandit likes this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#3 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

I doubt Roger can put on this type of show when he comes to Glasgow and other UK shows this summer, but I'm going to Scotlands biggest indoor arena for the show and its going to be massive and interesting to see how it all pans out.

I'm a big really life long Floyd fan who has seen Gilmours Pink Floyd at Earls Court in 1994 for the pulse Division Bell tour, seen the Australian Pink Floyd show many times now too, met them twice, they played at David's 50th birthday party.

Getting to see Roger play live (finally) is the icing on my Floydian cake ... I'm over the bloody moon about this :)

• Iain (32SIG) and Gazzas like this

#4 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

I just got back from the Roger Waters concert in Brisbane.  Great show, but he's getting old.  He reckons he probably won't make it back to Australia again.

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#5 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Indeed my friend, this is it I think, the final shows, Pink Floyd no more either for David Gilmour.

None of them are getting any younger, heck I'll be 59 this year and I'm a young fan of theirs :)

Glad you got to see Roger on what probably is the final world tour he does ... so looking forward to seeing him in Glasgow in June now.

Pink Floyd 1994 I saw ...

#6 Gerhard

Gerhard

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

That is one of my favorite albums.

#7 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Nice. I'm sure it'll be great as he knows how to put on a show. Just wish sometimes he'd stick to the music and stop trying to ram his politics down everyones throat.

#8 moldmkr78

moldmkr78

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

My very first concert was the Dark Side of the Moon tour at the Cow Palace in SF in 1975. I was 15. I still have the program (programme for you UK guys :) ) from that show. I also saw the Animals tour, and 2 shows from the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. I wouldn't mind seeing Roger on this tour. That would be cool.

-Scott

#9 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Nice. I'm sure it'll be great as he knows how to put on a show. Just wish sometimes he'd stick to the music and stop trying to ram his politics down everyones throat.

His music has always had some social message, much like Bob Dylan.  I like concept albums.  Always had.  Much better in my mind than a collection of not-so-closely-related songs put together as an album.

Gaz

#10 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

Hey Gaz, I don't mind the lyrics. What I take issue with is him trying to dictate to other artists where they should and shouldn't be playing gigs. Another one who forgets that free speech means people will do things you don't agree with.

#11 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

Hey Gaz, I don't mind the lyrics. What I take issue with is him trying to dictate to other artists where they should and shouldn't be playing gigs. Another one who forgets that free speech means people will do things you don't agree with.

I didn't know about this.  I tend not to be very immersed in entertainment news.  I didn't even know about the concert until I opened a Christmas present and found the ticket inside.  I don't listen to radio much since Brisbane radio is a mess.  There's no dedicated classic rock station, so I usually listen to music I've loaded into a USB data stick.  If I'm not in the mood for classic rock, I just turn the radio off.  Brisbane radio is only really great if you're into today's "hits".

I'm just poorly informed.

Gaz

#12 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

Rock radio isn't much better in the UK either Gaz. There are a few stations but they tend to have pretty 'tight' playlists that they don't stray from. There was a spell on Classic Rock here where every second song seemed to be Roundabout by Yes or Hocus Pocus by Focus, both of which I detest. Just stopped listening!
  • The Southern Bandit and Gazzas like this

#13 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Gus I'm sure you remember The Friday Rock Show ... by Tommy Vance ... loved that show, nearer to home (In NE Scotland) we once had a Wednesday Moray Firth rock show hour or two, cant remember the DJ's name off hand, but we'd call in sometimes for song requests and then play the recording back at partys, LOL :)

https://en.wikipedia...riday_Rock_Show

#14 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

As regards Roger Waters, he is ultra bitter and cant let things go, if Donald Trump were not around Roger would still be moaning about Maggie Thatcher or Tony Blair or even David Cameron, its what he does professionally, but if you follow his interviews he does it with a passion I sometimes forgive him for ... and absolutely for sure, the music is immaculate.

To understand Roger a bit more we need to remember Rogers Dad, Eric Fletcher Waters and how he died ... Roger was just a baby when his father, Lt Eric Waters, died during the bitter, close-quarters fighting that took place after British and American troops landed at Anzio in Jan 1944 in order to outflank the Germans and liberate Rome ... Roger never knew his Father and he wishes he did.

102569035_Roger_Waters_with_father_Eric_

Roger has mellowed over the years, he's made his peace with David and that's all good great stuff ... they got together for Pink Floyd at London Live 8 in 2005 and that was fantastic, they were the best act of the night by far and they only played 4 songs, even their hardest critics warmed to that mini Floyd reunion, since then David has played at a Roger show as a surprise guest ... I'm wondering if perhaps David might do so again on the forthcoming UK tour shortly ... Gilmour still lives in the UK, you never know, not likely to be Glasgow though, if it happened it would be one of the English shows I suppose and fair play.

But I do think that's pretty much it for world tours from Gilmour or Waters after this ... perhaps a one off show from one or either of them in the next few years?, all remaining Floyd members are not getting any younger. Having seen David Gilmour's Pink Floyd live in 1994 at Earls Court London ... I guess this is my last chance in life to see Roger Waters version of Floyd (Legally he cant call it Pink Floyd) and it is going to be tremendous fun and more so as the day draws nearer and the excitement builds up ... yabba dabba doo :)

Edited by The Southern Bandit, 09 February 2018 - 02:14 AM.

• Gazzas likes this

#15 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Oh and this :)

• Gazzas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users