Just under the wire for 2017!!

BiggTim

Yes, it's another Galland 109E-4, but as I've always wanted to build one, I finally decided to do it. I'd seen some pictures of his bird showing it VERY dirty and heavily used, so I chose to represent it well worn and chipped. I'll grant you it might be a tad overdone, but I was having fun, so what the hell! 

I used the Trumpeter kit, but used a mix of the kit decals and HGW wet transfer stencils (I love them) for the markings. Paint is all Model Master enamels, with dry pastel and wet wash weathering. The chipping was done by painting the plane with MM aluminum metalizer, which leaves a dry powdery finish, that I polish lightly. The color goes over it nicely, and can be chipped off easily anywhere you want to expose the aluminum, because the powdery finish does not allow total adhesion. After a gloss coat for decals, then a matte clear, it's as stable as it can be. Cutting Edge cockpit, Master barrels (blued), QB exhausts, True Details wheels. I didn't scratch much on this except some cabling and brake lines.

Hope you like it!

1.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by BiggTim

If you mean the silver at the chipped areas on the prop, it's just the same Model Master aluminum metalizer base coat that I used on the rest of the plane. The dark color is the black/green recommended in the instructions. (I forgot the RLM number)

Tim