Ok I have definitively decided to do A R Brown's camel from his 1918 Dogfight with The Red Baron. The Polish Option had some pull but The Red Baron's final dogfight just has too much mystique about it to pass it up. And since we have not seen a lot of Camels built yet I can say that everyone else copied me if this turns out to be the popular scheme .
Anyway I have been working on interior bits mostly.
Got the panel together and only after seeing this photo did I realize that one dial is grossly misaligned. I figure once everything is together this should be fairly unnoticeable but it is bugging me a lot....
I painted and installed most of the other interior bits to one side but then paused as I realized that it would be much easier (As in not impossible) to rig the interior prior to add the other side. As it stands in this photo rigging the bays on the assembled side poses a challenge.
Here I have rigged the other side and laid it in the fuselage. The rigging really adds a lot of interest to the interior. I used gaspatch turnbuckles and EZ-line to do this.
Here is the other side with all but the rear bay rigged. I needed a pause as the rigging I put there popped on me when I went to secure the lower end and the air around the bench turned purple for a moment....
here is the same assembly dry fitted into the fuselage
And I have also been doing some work on the Bentley.