time for a new post!
I just managed to wrap up the build of the Wingnut Wings Albatros B.II early. She was quite an enjoyable kit, although i ran through some hiccups which were all of my own making. more on that later.
I used the HGW superset and added the PE parts where they benefitted the kit. One word of caution, the interior woodgrain decals they include are useless. HGW says they are cookie cut but some look like they're 1/48 scale literally some don't fit and some have no placement on the aircraft. The outer woodgrain decals are from Uschi Van Der Rosten and are the woodgrain 'Ronny bar' edition and as all UVDR woodgrain products i found them to be flawless. The engine got dressed up with Taurus resin spark plugs and priming cups. All major painting was done with MRP lacquers and the details were painted using Tamiya and Gunze acrylics. I used HGW silver nailhead decals in a random fashion to add visual interest to the exterior of the aircraft. Weathering was done with oils, watercolor pencils, AK washes and pigments. Most metallics were done using Uschi's metallic pigments or Mr metal color buffable lacquers from Gunze. Rigging was done using EZ Line and of course as always the turbuckles and eyelets are courtesy of Bob's Buckles. All decals are custom masks plotted on the Silhouette using Oramask 810 except for the tail numbers.
One thing i noticed, although too late, was the kink in the inner part of the top starboard wing. I had read a couple of builds mentioning this but only noticed it after everything was in place and rigged. I tried correcting the wing shape by some tensioning of the rigging in specific areas but i only managed to 'iron it out' a bit.
A very enjoyable build it has been!
Some photos here and if youre interested in seeing more i have additional ones posted up on the blog!
Now on to pop open the box of the FE2b late!
Stay safe and happy modeling,
Below some in progress to wet your appetite
Photos of the finished build below!