I got this kit yesterday, today I figured I would just start cutting track prices off the sprues since there are 144 of them, each with three attachment point, yes I snipped plastic 432 times on the tracks alone. Now let’s talk about idler wheels, there are a lot, so I kept snipping, each idler is two pieces.
Next I kept going, each track is a modest 68 links, so I made up 4 lengths of 34 each, relatively easy, I ended up breaking 3 pins, but they include several extra links. I figured keeping them short makes it easier to airbrush.
Next I kept going and decided to build all the idler pairs, went pretty quick and I divided the three different types into mixing cups. I then loaded them up in the back plates
I finished assembling each side, all of the nice inside detail, including chains and sprockets completely disappears. I didn’t bother doing any detail painting, because after the tracks go on, it’s all hidden.
I next assembled the crew compartment, it’s comprised of about 20 pieces, I went slightly out of order so I could help use the roof pieces to alight the sides. There are a few small gaps I need to fill with acrylic putty, but I blame me using Tamiya thin instead of a slower drying glue.
I finished up the fuel tank and some extra pieces, and it’s time to paint, I left off the j-hooks off the side plates and few other parts like machine guns, tools, and mufflers, but that’s it, took me all of 5 hours from start to finish.
Edited by 1to1scale, 28 October 2017 - 12:10 AM.