WNW Pfalz D.IIIa, Jasta 5 Green Tail

seiran01

Holy cow, second build completed in under a week! This is Jasta 5's Pfalz D.IIIa (Wingnut kit), with Pheon decals and Gaspatch Spandaus, otherwise OOB. The build was put on hold in June/July to focus entirely on the Ships Camel that I finished last weekend.

The red is a mixture of Mr. Colour paints made to match the red of the Pheon decals, and the Jasta 5 green and the Pfalz silver grey are Drooling Bulldog lacquers. 

QSwa3cF.jpg

Iptq4Jz.jpg

wSHJLAB.jpg

dc7Wsxb.jpg

cD64p0t.jpg

A8rkDRi.jpg

9sHjQ0N.jpg

8m5bALH.jpg

Thant's  an pretty aeroplane :), evertime somebody mentions Jasta five, I picture the line-ups of aeroplanes in bizarre colour schemes just waiting to be strifed by loaded P-47.:0 Anyway, nice build Mike.

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

Thanks everyone!

The kit was not built within a week, just completed a few days after the Camel :-) I had been working on it throughout May and June along with the red/white Jasta 18 Pfalz which is also nearly ready to rig. Think I'll try to finish the DH9 next and then the Pfalz. Shelf of doom is shrinking!

Mike - That looks terrific!  Can't wait to see it live - are you bringing it to the meeting next week?  Chris

Yes sir, this will be at the meeting next week. I'll hold off on bringing in the Camel until I have the whole display finished. 

• 2 weeks later...