Hawker Tempest Mk.V - High Speed Silver finish - Germany 1946

Zero77

TzRTv7Y.jpg

Hi,

This is my last build. It was not always easy, but it's one of the best Special Hobby kit i've built so far, and the details are really amazing, especially the surface details.

I built it almost OOB as usual with the SH kits (and this one was a "Hi tech" boxing so there was already a lot of resin inside), except a few add ons, like the resin exhausts or the reinforced resin landing gear legs.

I wanted to build something Hi Speed Silver, as there is now a new paint from Alclad. So i chose that Post War scheme from a Hannants decals set. I like the green spinner and lettering on the fuselage.

Straight out of the bottle, i think it's a bit too shiny and too reflective, but after an enamel wash and a bit of rubbing with mineral spirit, the paint starts to look dull, wich is more accurate. I also sprayed a mist of satin varnish to even the finish.

I kept the weathering very light as it is a post war aircraft, and on the very few pictures of hi speed finish Tempest, they all seems pretty clean.

If you want to see some detail pictures, here is the WIP : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=67785&hl

hSmuQFa.jpg
nqyPxxI.jpg
0Y4zsMS.jpg
dojEM3q.jpg
XC8IvaJ.jpg
1V1cFm1.jpg
LRwYcBZ.jpg
sIJw0eq.jpg
1TuyHk1.jpg
6hhqm6m.jpg
hjbcDwt.jpg
Edited by Zero77