Polikarpov I-16 type 24 coming from ICM

RBrown

The 1/48 I-16 Type 24 is designated as kit# 48097.

There's also a listing for a I-16 Type 24 as kit# 32001. This would be the 1/32 kit.

It's possible for a company to release the same aircraft in multiple scale guys... just like Eduard, Tamiya, Hasegawa, ZM, Special Hobby, and a bunch of others have done...

The existence of the 1/48 doesn't disprove the pending release of the 1/32. It's possible that the listing for kit# 32001 is wrong, but.... we have no way of knowing yet. Given that it has a different kit#, I'm inclined to believe it's coming. Until proven otherwise.

(Technically it could even be a rebox of the Special Hobby kit, since Special Hobby has already reboxed ICM kits)

The 1/48 I-16 Type 24 is designated as kit# 48097.

There's also a listing for a I-16 Type 24 as kit# 32001. This would be the 1/32 kit.

It's possible for a company to release the same aircraft in multiple scale guys... just like Eduard, Tamiya, Hasegawa, ZM, Special Hobby, and a bunch of others have done...

The existence of the 1/48 doesn't disprove the pending release of the 1/32. It's possible that the listing for kit# 32001 is wrong, but.... we have no way of knowing yet. Given that it has a different kit#, I'm inclined to believe it's coming. Until proven otherwise.

(Technically it could even be a rebox of the Special Hobby kit, since Special Hobby has already reboxed ICM kits)

Lets hope not.  The listing with Hannants says it's 100% all new tooling.

ICM's website lists the 1/48 scale kit as already being out, plus there are pictures of the parts at the ICM website of the 1/48 scale kit.  The Hannants listing indicates an expected release date of sometime in the 3rd quarter of 2017 for the 1/32 kit.

It would be nice even if it's a 1/48 upscaling, as the 1/48 looks very good and detailed (more detailed than the plain SH kit, though the Hi-tech version is a bit better with a more accurate cockpit floor and parts)

Perhaps they'll look at some Soviet AF twins at some time too, they always seem to be the bridesmaids these days. Here's hoping!   

Edited by Royboy