#1 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

Hi LSP'ers...

The X-1A /B kit is in production, decals are off to print and the photo etch just arrived....We're off to the races here!

The kit is up for pre-order for those who want theirs first and fastest, should be shipping mid July.

With a lot of help from Scott Lowther, Tony Landis and Dave Newman we've dug up enough research data to ensure a really great kit, and you can build either the A or the B version, which allows for a few different paint schemes.Decals have enough stencil data to keep you up late at night, and even the two boarding ladders are included.

More pics on the website http://fishermodels.com

Best, 

Paul

• harvey, Out2gtcha, A340 Pilot and 4 others like this

#2 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,024 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

Great news, Paul!

Kev

• harvey likes this

#3 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

OMG !!!!!! 

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#4 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:09 AM

Order placed!

Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#5 ScanmanDan

ScanmanDan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

So happy to see this kit come to fruition.  Price looks pretty good but the postage to Australia will be killer.

( Such is the way of the world, time was it would take weeks to get something from OS now with the internet and quick shipping it's a breeze, but that luxury costs.  :)  ) 

I've been saving my pennies and I'll get one come hell or high water. :D

Just don't know how I'll go building her wheels up with all that pretty resin undercarriage detail  :doh: 

Dan, a very happy man.

A day above ground is, in my opinion, a good day.  :D

#6 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,037 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Dammit!  What a time to be in a cash crunch.  :(       Hopefully this will stay around for a while until I can afford one. 

#7 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

Preorders are nice. When you finally receive the kit, you dont even remember you paid it, one or two months ago, and it's almost seems to be free. :)

• Out2gtcha likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#8 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

Just a note on postage...it costs $22.50 to get the kit to Australia, or Europe, not all that bad, even though the rates have continued to climb.

Paul

• Whitey likes this

#9 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,024 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:03 PM

Just a note on postage...it costs $22.50 to get the kit to Australia, or Europe, not all that bad, even though the rates have continued to climb.

Paul

Yeah, that's not bad at all.

Kev

#10 ScanmanDan

ScanmanDan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

Amen,

a very reasonable overseas shipping rate.

No lunch for me as I'm am saving those pennies ;) 

• Out2gtcha likes this

A day above ground is, in my opinion, a good day.  :D

#11 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

Great subject, reasonable price and P&P ... My preorder should follow soon ...;)

Hubert

#12 nichenson

nichenson

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

Just preordered my two!

#13 Peter O

Peter O

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

I just returned from a visit to the National Museum of the USAF, and after seeing the real X-1B, I'm going to have to get the kit :D .  Does the kit have the reaction control nozzles and the wooden wedges added to the ailerons in the plane's final configuration?  It doesn't appear to have them in the photos of the parts.

Thanks!

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users