Ar 234 B-2N Fly with Jumo 004 engine

DirkE

I am going to start a new project I wanted to do since a couple of months. I will ad a Jumo 004 engine (or both) from a Trumpeter Me-262 kit. 

For the color scheme I am not sure what to do. I would like to do the camo you see below. But I havn´t seen any reference pictures to proof that this scheme were actually in use.....so, it might come down to the standard paint scheme (3rd picture)

2_22_b1_zpslfztacqk.jpg

2_22_zps6zlgxygi.jpg

2_21_zps1ese9piu.jpg

Dirk

Das mittlere Schema ist fraglich. Falscher MG-Pod, falsches Leitwerk usw. Die anderen beiden sollten gehen.

Middle image is questionable. Wrong gunpod, wrong rudder...

Regards

- dutik

What color is the top one? Black and light blue/gray?

Don't know it. Photographs of that time are all b/w, so it's your guess if a dark monochrome finish is a green or a black...

My 2 cents:

German night fighters didn't use Black on top, only from below. Night fighter top color was common splinter camo or RLM76, with or without mottling. So a factory finish Green as per Flys instructions might be the more historical choice.

Of course, if you prefere the more dramatic look of a black night fighter just take some artistic license.

Weiss ich nicht. Aber alle deutschen Nachtjäger waren oben entweder mit der ueblichen Splittertarnung oder RLM76 mit oder ohne Tarnflecken versehen. Schwarz gab es von unten, aber nicht von oben. Von daher wohl eher Gruen wie von Fly in der Anleitung angegeben die historische Wahl. Wenn du natuerlich Schwarz passender oder ausdrucksvoller findest - warum nicht...

Regards

- dutik

Ok, I started with the cockpit. I have those neat pe parts from Yahu models for the dials. I never worked with them. I like them. But, in this case its hard to see on the photo. They realy look nice. As for painting the cockpit. The only color reference I have are those photos from the Ar 234 that is at the Air&Space Museum. Idk if that cockpit represents the orginal colors, but thats the only ref I have. Anyway, due to the fact that the Luftwaffe and Arado reworked those AR234 pretty much, I think its ok to do a little "imageneering". In the end the whole impression counts.

IMG_4453_zps7d3hhemq.jpg

IMG_4455_zpshwttip2i.jpg

A.P._Ar-234_O_photo_zpscncdblk5.jpg

ar234-14_zpslupznw6f.jpg

hZmEFrLhrZTQdmlQOES9Kpe9FR3us2QAQZCicsLm

IMG_4472_zpsl13idrqd.jpg

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

Dirk

Dirk,

I have a great reference book on the Arado if you have any specific questions.

I have Radu's resin Arado on the shelf.

Here is his SBS, it is incredible! http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=14754&page=1

Rocky

Edited by theseeker

Dirk,

I have a great reference book on the Arado if you have any specific questions.

I have Radu's resin Arado on the shelf.

Here is his SBS, it is incredible! http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=14754&page=1

Rocky

Fantastic build. That one looks really nice.

What book do you have?

Dirk

Done a bit more on the cockpit. Bombsight is scratch build. The color is not RLM 66. Its Tamiya german Grey with a drop white. I have RLM 66 from Model Air...but I am not convinced with the result (looks spotty / uneven). Regarding the seatbelts. The kit has some PE seat belts. Looking good. But I thought about to get the ones from HGW. Idk yet.

IMG_4484_zpsmz77fsgp.jpg

James, thats the picture I saw and inspired me to do the same! :)