Progress!! Started in on the intakes, there was a LOT of cleanup on the ductwork, intake part, and louvers. Didn't use much if any fill, by sweating the parting lines and fit i was able to get all the internals parts together with two spots of Mr. Surfacer.
Areas indicated in red show where most of the work was done.
It was a lot of scraping, sanding, filing, dryfitting...repeat as needed.... to the 100th power....until i got to this point.
The resin louvers i fitted but didn't install yet. I drilled holes in the fuselage behind their location so i can install then glue in place from behind with super glue and seal on the front with Mr. Surfacer. I did it this was so they wouldn't interfere with clamping and flexing of the intake parts. I should be able to finish these with a minimum of Mr. Surfacer, but no filler. The front curved areas of the intake aren't smooth to the fuselage, pics on walkarounds show these are surface mounted, so it isn't smoothed in here. I didn't glue the bottom rear of the intake part yet, going to see how it fits to the wing bottom before gluing it.
Edited by dmthamade, 25 May 2016 - 01:42 AM.