8 replies to this topic

#1 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

Hello!

Just got one resin model finished, the Arado E-377 Mistel bomb. So it's time to start another one :piliot:

No props, I stay with jets :thumbsup:  The first jet of the world, to be correct: Ernst Heinkels He-178.

Kit is made by Planet models from Czech. Box image:

heinkel0016lbqh3.jpg

Whats inside?

A fistful of parts in cream colored resin. Nice casting, no bubbles. Fuselage halfes, one-piece wings, elevators, rudder, some interior bits, wheels. UC is provided in white metal. A small decal sheet, just the "Heinkel" writiing. Two vac canopies. Two pages of instructions:

heinkel0017hbrig.jpg

First things first - building the cockpit, as usual.

Not a lot of parts here. Also not a lot of details... Added some styrene as lower side consoles, a rear bulkhead and a new floor. Glued the jet pipe and tail wheel bay into place.

heinkel0000a9s25.jpg

IP needs some paint to bring out the details.

heinkel0002nbskt.jpg

The seat is nothing to write home about. Too small. Quarterscale only... :crying: I have to look into the bit box for a better one.

Thats it for now.

Enjoy!

- dutik

Edited by dutik, 02 May 2016 - 08:05 AM.

• harvey, Zero77, Hardcore and 1 other like this

#2 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Not seen this one built. I will follow along. Nice start..........Harv :popcorn:

• dutik likes this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#3 ericg

ericg

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

Great! This sort of stuff is right up my alley. Will follow along.

Eric.
  • harvey likes this

Check out and like my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/manscale/

#4 LSP_Paul

LSP_Paul

• LSP Moderator
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

If anybody can make an obscure little plane look real it's you my friend. :)

Keep up the great progress.

Paul

• harvey and dutik like this

#5 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

Great! This sort of stuff is right up my alley. Will follow along.

Eric.

Hey, I know that story! :hmmm:

You will start later and get it finished long before I am ready...  :help: 

Gimme your adress, I will send you the kit... :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No issue. We shall see how it works. Latest news: The intake ramp (instruction image 3) does not fit very well. Especially after I moved the floor down to the bottom of the fuselage becase the whole cockpit was too shallow for a 1/32 scale pilot. So I will make a new one and also smooth out the whole intake to get rid of that inner "lip"...

Regards

- dutik

• harvey likes this

#6 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

A seat, a seat! A kingdom for a seat!

heinkel0015rtkx0.jpg

Found a leftover resin seat for a Bf-109. Much better. Also some sets of RBs harness. Much worser. Boy, they look nice, but making them is incredibily fiddly! Nothing for people with short fuze, indeed :blowup:

Time to join the meeting at Luebeck. Will wrestle with the other half of the harness next week.

Regards

- dutik

• harvey and Zero77 like this

#7 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

Nice to see that build !

I had the same conclusion about the seat. I did not understand what they wanted to do. I tried to convert the kit seat dimension to full scale, and only a small children would have been able to sit !

• dutik likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#8 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

Great project!  :popcorn:

Iain

• dutik likes this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#9 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

Didn't go ahead with the seatbelts, cockpit and intake. There are only the walls, cross-walls and the floor inside. But I did a LOT of other work. Glued the fuselage halves together. Filled and sanded the seam. Rescribed the paneel lines. Re-sawed them, to be correct, with a smal resin saw. Much better than fiddling with a scribing tool. Drilled holes into wingroots and across the fuselage to fit a long 3mm thick steel nail acting as wingspar/ alignment pin:

heinkel000130seh.jpg

Dryfitted and adjusted the wings to the fuselage. Glued them and filled the seam. Re-sawed more paneel lines. Latest achievement are the rudder and elevators. Added steel wire instead of nails. Now it's up to fill and sand the seams, close a gap between one elevator and the fuselage, rescribe as required. To be continued...

heinkel001849pmd.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

Edited by dutik, 01 May 2016 - 04:42 PM.

• harvey likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users