AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Guest Clunkmeister

Martin,

I have two of Floyd's sets that are slated for builds, but I also have another partial set I got from Ray long before Floyd had his. I was going to do the Czech civilian registered bird with that one, but I might be persuaded to cut it loose. I'm not sure who made it, but it is a very dark gray resin and looks exquisite.

It has the nose, complete spinner with backing plate, radiator with ramps, and maybe one or two other things, but that's the meat of it there. Prop blades can be adapted from D.9 blades.

The other thing is if you are doing certain Czech birds, you'll need to make canopy rails for the sliding Erla hood. The Israeli birds used the standard side opening Erla hood.

Gun pods can be sourced and modified from LW versions, or scratched.

The rest is pretty standard G.14.

I will also have a spare set of either Czech or Israeli decals, because I have two complete sets and each set comes with all versions of the decals.

Not sure this helps, but if it does, let me know.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Thank You Ernie, everything helps. Could you please snap some pictures of the cast for me. I was getting ready to scratch one based on Revell's new 109s .

That's funny how it works, 30 years back I turned KP kit into 109 and now it's the other way around.

Cheers

M.

Guest Clunkmeister

I will. What I have will do 90% of it. I'll dig it out tomorrow after church and post some pics.

The best part is that Ray charged me next to nothing, if anything at all for it, because he tossed it with some swapping we were doing, so the price will be very very vey reasonable, like about what shipping costs to Canuckistan, so it's all good.

Guest Clunkmeister

IIRC, that was one of Dave's conversions. He hadn't really finished it to the point of selling copies, but he sent me a pre-production copy.

The only reason I didn't build with it was because I never got to it. The shape and detail of the nose compare nicely to Floyd's.

• 2 weeks later...