Hasegawa Bf 109 G-6/AS, "Red 2" 1./NJGr. 10

Muddi

Very nice. Obvious question, but why the blacked-out swastika? Personal choice or something else? In any case, very lovely build.

Hakenkreuz are illegal to publicly display in any form in Germany including on line IIRC. 

Stunning 109 BTW!   Really stupendous work. 

Thanks guys for reviving this old thread...

Very nice work, Nico! 

I have a question: what type of glue did you use to glue the open canopy section to the cockpit side wall? 

Any tricks to offer regarding that aspect of the build?

Really small dots of gel CA, avoiding the usual frosting.

Very nice. Obvious question, but why the blacked-out swastika? Personal choice or something else? In any case, very lovely build.

Out2gtcha said it.

Wow, that's severe that you can't even display it on a recreation of an actual aircraft. I know the model companies have to omit Hakenkreuze from their decals or have you assemble them from parts, but I did not realize that having one on a model would put you in jeopardy with the fuzz.

Wow, that's severe that you can't even display it on a recreation of an actual aircraft. I know the model companies have to omit Hakenkreuze from their decals or have you assemble them from parts, but I did not realize that having one on a model would put you in jeopardy with the fuzz.

Well, the law prevents propaganda using the central symbol of nazi ideology. Nothing wrong with that. I support this, even if it means that a niche group of plastic modellers are not allowed to show some small stickers publicly.

Well, the law prevents propaganda using the central symbol of nazi ideology. Nothing wrong with that. I support this, even if it means that a niche group of plastic modellers are not allowed to show some small stickers publicly.

I respect your country handling this as it sees fit.

We wrestle with this issue in the "Land of the 1st Amendment." I wonder in this day and age if the Internet has made such restrictions outmoded?

And it seems that fascism is alive and well thanks to computers where the cockroaches find one another more easily. There is also a tolerance for hate speech nowadays that allows and even encourages those who were reluctant to voice their odious opinions because it was considered socially unacceptable. This isn't the place to discuss these issues, but this thread has shone a light on the question of how to put a limit on those who would revive the evil that was the Third Reich.