1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

Hi folks :)

little more progress to report, but some quite satisfying work..

I added steel wire to the U/C doors to mount them to the legs via a small bracket..

WIP1449_zpszcuwlmki.jpg

..I then added some tiny tube brackets and carefully stuck these on as it was all dry fitted together to ensure alignment..

WIP1450_zpsdbaxv26s.jpg

the wires were then cut down to size and the doors are a slide fit into the brackets so they can be tweaked at final assembly..

WIP1451_zps71w69rf4.jpg

..then both legs were primed and painted in alclad..

WIP1452_zpsjwkdvn4p.jpg

WIP1453_zpsg0sxgl7h.jpg

..and this is sort of what they look like on the airframe..

WIP1454_zpsrpuouyin.jpg

..and in the wheel well - these need more detail, but i don't think it's too noticeable that those upper arms are only half arms..

WIP1455_zpsg4eptxev.jpg

see you soon

TTFN

Peter

Edited by airscale

Is there a free SmugMug version?

Kind of. They do have a free 14 day trial to see if you like it or not. That is what I have, but after seeing all the trick stuff they have (including being able to access your SmugMug pics via a very nice looking website and a custom domain name of your choosing) Im going to subscribe. 

Other than that free 14 day trial run, they have no outright free subscriptions. That is in fact 1 of the reasons Im going with them.

WIP1455_zpsg4eptxev.jpg

YIKES!   That looks utterly amazing. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Kind of. They do have a free 14 day trial to see if you like it or not. That is what I have, but after seeing all the trick stuff they have (including being able to access your SmugMug pics via a very nice looking website and a custom domain name of your choosing) Im going to subscribe. 

Other than that free 14 day trial run, they have no outright free subscriptions. That is in fact 1 of the reasons Im going with them

That's what I thought, I've had a quick look and like the feel of SmugMug but not sure that I'd take enough photographs to justify the subscription!

WIP1451_zps71w69rf4.jpg

Peter

I'm in two minds here, as I think I prefer the unpainted version, as it shows all the art that has gone into producing the finished item.

In fact Peter, I think that if you insist on painting, you will need to make another Spit, to the same standard but left unpainted, so that everything can be seen :lol:

Real airplanes are all CRAP!

I vote that they be grounded and scrapped immediately.

I also nominate Peter as king of ALL wingy thingies.  And that he be the one TRUE builder of ALL the same from now till forever. (In whatever scale he pleases!)

Amen.

Edited by Uilleann

i don't think it's too noticeable that those upper arms are only half arms..

If you hadn't have told us I'm pretty confident no one would have noticed! There is just waaaay too much awesomeness going on here to pick up on things like that.

I'll never understand how you manage to make all those minute little brackets, let alone attach them without getting glue everywhere!

Your builds are what has inspired me to push my skills (and add 10 years onto completion time  :innocent: )

Craig