Another Moskito...........HpH Focke Wulf Ta-154 V3......FINISHED.

monthebiff

From the moment this kit was announced I new I had to have one and sit it next to my HK Mosquito, after a long wait I finally received it today........

20160315_204140-1_zps5bjyk3cw.jpg

20160315_204151_zpsopfie4ya.jpg

Very, very much looking forward to getting into this one over the next few days, always wanted to build Kurt Tanks Moskito but never imagined I would get one in 32nd scale.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

I think you'll really enjoy this one, Andy, though it'll be a bit of a challenge. Mike Williams just finished building one for a magazine article, and posted the occasional update on Facebook. The main problem he struck was that the model sits on its tail if you don't modify the landing gear appropriately. I think Mike shortened the nose wheel leg, though I don't remember exactly.

Good luck! I look forward to following along.

Kev

I think you'll really enjoy this one, Andy, though it'll be a bit of a challenge. Mike Williams just finished building one for a magazine article, and posted the occasional update on Facebook. The main problem he struck was that the model sits on its tail if you don't modify the landing gear appropriately. I think Mike shortened the nose wheel leg, though I don't remember exactly.

Good luck! I look forward to following along.

Kev

Thanks for the tip on the landing gear Kev, it doesn't surprise me that its a bit of a tail sitter though.

Regards. Andy 

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Looking forward to following you build thread and learning as you move through the build

Keep 'em coming

Peter

As much as I like the inclusion of a CD introductions file I don't really like having my laptop at the work bench so first things first was to print out the instructions 

20160317_165650_zpskhhis7je.jpg

Also using the Kagero book as reference on this build which looks pretty good.........

20160315_204649_zpsnucar8tn.jpg

So its time to get stuck into this one this evening.........at last!!

Regards. Andy

First cuts tonight starting with the clean up of cockpit parts, very, very nice quality of castings...........

20160317_210759_zpsfa4fd8cn.jpg

Not sure if I'm doing this right........one for all the HpH experts but I'm sanding the parts back with 240 grit paper to remove the thin casting wafer and once this falls of I'm assuming that's as far as I need to go initially before any test fits, any help on this would be gratefully recieved.

Regards. Andy