Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair finished

Daywalker

What an amazing kit, I am already looking forward to the next one.  Not much to say about this one, other than with each successive release from Tamiya the kits get better.  Very little AM is required on one of these, they are that good.  The few AM bits I did use are resin wheels/tires from DEF Models, backdated engine bits from Barracuda, star decals from EE decal sets, and PE seatbelt buckles from Eduard.  The "51" numbers were all painted with the aid of masks cut on my new Silhouette Portrait.  I even used the kit masking sticker sheet, which if you take your time and use a new blade worked PERFECTLY.  I will definitely use that again, as opposed to the often ill-fitting Eduard sets.  Saves some money too!  Seatbelts themselves are cut from strips of US $1 bills.  Love the fabric like texture of currency for seat belts!  A lot of shading, countless hours with oil paints, Prismacolor pencils, and some pigments round out the weathering.  Paitns are all Tamiya, with a custom mix for the Dull Dark Green.  The light gray was XF-19 and XF-2 mixed 2 to 1.  The medium blue was XF-18 and XF-2 mixed 3 to 1, while the darker blue was a concocted mix which I cannot even remember. 

Will get some better photos in natural light soon, as much of the oil weathering is nearly invisible.  WIP thread can be found here.

009_1.jpg

010_1.jpg

012.jpg

019.jpg

You already know what I think about this one Frank!  :yahoo: :wow: :wow: :wow: :thumbsup:

This is your finest work so far and it's looks incredible!! All of the hard work you have put into this build has produced the best scale model I have ever seen. I take my hat off to you.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

CHEERS! :beer4: