Meteor F.8 RAAF No 77 Sq: UPDATE: 2/29/16: ALMOST DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

I'll be joining the GB this week and as with Paul and Ernie, doing a Buddy Build with John Smith with the HK Meteor and Fisher F.8 Conversion set. My After Market order is due to arrive on Tuesday and I should be ready to start during the week, as I only have a few days more work on my Kfir, as she crosses the finish line and is in the books. I spoke with Paul Fisher about the second decal sheet he has coming which will include "Halestorm " but due to events out of Paul's control, they won't be ready for a minimum of 6 weeks. So for the present, I'm looking at doing the Korean War Meteor that is in Paul's kit: Meteor Mk.8 A77-207, RAAF Korea 1951, which I believe was based at Kimpo AFB.

When my AM order arrives on Tuesday (weather permitting) I'll start my build thread with the appropriate photographs of the open kit boxes and their contents. Looking forward to a great GB.

Letting 'em roll

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Clunkmeister

Awesome news, Peter. I'm looking forward to watching this one progress.

I have the Meteor kit, and one of these days I'll get off my duff and buy the conversion. I want the Israeli version, though...

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ernie

Looking forward to starting and Paul is bringing out a second set of decals for the conversion with the Israeli Meteor being one of them

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE:3/3/15: THE FUSELAGE

I'm ready and biting at the bit to get going. John Smith and I are doing a Buddy Build with the HK Meteor, F.4 and converting them to RAAF F.8 No. 77 Sq. serving in Korea with The Fisher Conversion kit . As it stands inside the Korean War GB, we will have two sets of Buddy Builds underway: Paul and Ernie with their  Fisher Panthers and John and myself with HK/Fisher Meteors. Sure seems as if the four of us are setting a new LSP record – how cool!

With my Kfir done and in the books, it's time to gather up both kits, after market goodies and start working out a game plan with John. Ericg has been invaluable in guiding me though the planning stages prior to the build. And no question, Eric's gorgeous Meteor F.8 build has been the spark for my build.

Right now I'm looking at finishing my Meteor as No 77-207, Kimpo AFB, Korea 1953 and the decals are included in the Fisher kit. Decals for RAAF Korean War Meteor F.8 are almost non- existent in 32nd scale but Paul Fisher has a second set in the works, including 'Halestorm' that should be ready in about 6 weeks. So my decisions as to which aircraft to build, is still undecided for the time being.

The customary starting photos are attached and now it's time to fire the canons and advance the troops.

Peter

The HK Kit

untitled-2_zpssgx2e8ty.jpg

All the goodies in the box

untitled-3_zpstg53h8dw.jpg

Paul Fisher's Conversion kit

PCW_1025_zps0510ca5a.jpg

Eduard's Big Ed Set and the Gorgeous Brassin Wheel Set and a few other resin goodies

untitled-5_zps6ahmz41m.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

I sure hope so and it's nice to be working again in 32nd scale. Looking forward to digging in and getting going.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 3/15 : THE FUSELAGE - SLlICING AND DICING

After reading and re-reading the Fisher instructions on how to cut the fuselage for the new nose and tail and double checking Eric's F.8 build, I carefully located the cut lines, marked them out clearly with plastic pin striping tape and even marked by tape with arrows as to which side of the tape to actually cut on. I know me and all to easy to do the sawing on the wrong side of the tape. With Xacto saws in hand, I carefully cut off the nose and then the tail. I did find it easier after marking the cut lines with tape, to separate the fuselage halves before cutting.

All went rather well and the mating areas will need some clean up and filler. All I have actually done with the Fisher resin parts is thorough wash to remove any mold release agent and now that I'm underway, the two nose sections will need clean up and fine tuning. Eric's build thread recommends putting the tail section on a diet and drilling it out; it's heavy and a lot off weight can be saved that way. Of course being a member of Weight Watchers, loosing weight is always on my mind.

Next up: the front office.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

untitled_zpsxc28oz11.jpg

untitled-3_zpsbu8ef2ws.jpg

untitled-6_zpsyjkfb886.jpg

db2a4067-ce8f-4045-8a63-3e1a2ccd9a5c_zps

Edited by Peterpools