RFI Kitty Hawk OV-10D Bronco VMO-4

Out2gtcha

This is the Kitty Hawk Models OV-10D Bronco. Well all I can say is if you are even mildly interested in the OV-10, the go out and get yourself one of these kits! They are very well molded, with very nice decent detail OOB and a really really great fit. The engineering, while not perfect is also very well done, and the kit builds up to a real winner right OOB.

Its REAL modeling value for your monetary denomination of choice! The only word of caution with the kit, is the decals. They are nice and thin, and as you can see by the pics lay down very nicely, but they want to curl on themselves and rip at every opportunity so take EXTRA caution when handling them.

Overall Id give the kit a solid 9 out of 10. It was truly fun to build. When was the last time you could say that? For me it doesnt happen often, but this kit is one of those that was just a plain blast to put together. We should also see volumes of AM coming for this thing as well.

Here is the WIP for this build for those interested:

Kitty Hawk OV-10D Bronco VMO-4

For those interested I also have a 3 part build review of the excellent Kitty Hawk Models OV-10D in 1/32nd:

Kitty Hawk 1/32 OV-10D “Bronco†- Part 1: Cockpit and Fuselage Assembly

Kitty Hawk 1/32 OV-10D “Bronco†- Part 2: Wings Wells & Booms

Kitty Hawk 1/32 OV-10D “Bronco†- Part 3: Paint and Finishing Details

It wasn't ideal picture conditions, and it was a bit hard to photograph without highlighting the imperfections, so I went a bit pic happy. Its quite pic heavy.................enjoy!

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

DSC04089.jpg

DSC04091.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

More........................

Brian.....WOW...you are a very very skilled craftsman in builing...specially your painting....

you the one that made me use wetpaper between layers......

I do got a question.....have you ever considered to do a gloss racing bird...them P51s or Corsairs they use for racing......

Since you true master that gloss as ive seen in your builds.....i would love to see one come alive from you...just a wish and a thought from Mal.....

/Mal