USS Silversides, 1:72 Gato class

LSP_K2

After perusing some of the cool ship models being built here, I've succumbed to the urge myself. To that end, I've resumed work that was halted on my Gato some months (years), back. Pretty straightforward really, three Eduard sets and a cool paint scheme, and it should be a snap,… says the man who hasn't finished hardly anything in three years.

Obligatory box photo.

ga1005_zps334ea1d3.jpg

NICE. I really enjoyed Revell's 1/72 Type VII, and I hope this one is as pleasurable for you.

D, shocked that it has been 9 years since that build! :o

Nice job, D., looks real good. I've got another VIIC in the works as well, along with a 1:72 bunker that I'd like to finish "one of these days".

The scheme I'll use (most probably); the USS Silversides (SS-236), mostly because I like the name,… silly, I know.

(Oddly enough, Revell gives the option for a fore or aft mounted deck gun, but all four markings options provided, show the deck gun in the fore location.)

Silversides_zps38f9ba4f.jpg

Three Eduard sheets to throw at this puppy. All of this stuff has been sitting around for a very long while, so it's good to now finally be able to use them up.

(Why Eduard always shows these sets as brass, then actually makes them in stainless, I'll never know.)

ga1003_zps7055af64.jpg

ga1004_zpsf11e749e.jpg

I consider these two items (so far), to be the biggest problem areas. The area around the aft torpedo doors is littered with ejector pin marks. These will show on the finished kit, but I'll just live with that, as they'd be a giant pain to correct.

ga1_zpsac0afa53.jpg

Haha, Bob Ross oils!!!!!   Yeah!  Hes on our public TV station every Saturday. Love me some Bob...................................."We dont make mistakes..............only happy accidents. This happy little sub, lives right over here.................and a couple little dooers over here..................just like 'at."