Bit of fun - What-If Czech Do335 from the HK kit

seiran01

I picked up the HK do335 at Maraudercon on 15 November and decided that I needed a lightning-fast build to counter the length of time the Horten has been taking me.  This What-if is an Avia S-395 in Czech police scheme a la the Avia S-199. Serials will be black on this one.

Here are two pics as she looks right now as I plan my approach with the decals/paint masks and the needed touch-ups to the paint job.

I decided from the start that the cowls, gun panels, and bomb bay and canopy would all be posed closed and this turned out to be an *extremely* frustrating decision. The canopy, front engine cowls, and nose gun panels suffered from bad fit and they were clearly not designed to be positioned closed. There are some lingering large gaps that I opted not to address to keep this a true quick build and under a coat of paint, most of them actually don't look bad at all - no complaints here! :m0152:

This was also the first time I've painted with Mr Color paints and I am thoroughly impressed, they seem to go on just as well, and adhere better,. than Tamiya paints. Think I'll be stocking up on these!

Hope you like it, I'm loving this monstrosity!

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

Ohhhhhhh neat!  I love it when a modeler has the cohones to do a what if scheme like this on something other than a 40 year old Revell kit, or a vac they picked up for $5.

Who knows had decisions been made differently on the German side, and the war continued, we very well might have seen an avia Do335.

Looking forward to more!