A2Zee Models announcement as of the 31st October 2014

Ali62

Well the waiting is over, it has been a crazy 20 days since the last announcement that I made on the 11th, so much has happened and changed in a very short space of time, mostly for the good, so as one chapter closes a few new ones open.

Firstly I would like to thank everybody for their support not only over the last few weeks but for many years, direct customers, trade customers and to my suppliers, all of whom have helped in many ways.

Closing of A2Zee Models was not an easy decision for me to make but it was one that had to be made for a few reasons, so once the decision was made the chapter started unrolling at a very fast rate, so with all that is happened I can now say where things are at and what will be happening in the future. I will be breaking this down into three areas so please take note of each.

Alley Cat

I am pleased to announce that most of the Alley Cat patterns have been purchased by Alec Smith and he will be continuing the Alley Cat brand in the future. Alec has decided to now call his company Alley Cat Models, so in time the name A2Zee Models will be no more. I wish him all the best and I will be doing my best to transfer all products and information to him to enable a smooth start. There is still some final arrangements to be made between Alec and I so the Alley Cat range will not be available immediately, so please be patient, I am sure Alec will keep you all informed as his new venture progresses. I do hope that all of you will support Alec in his new venture and he already has some of his own ideas for future releases. In the meantime Alec can be contacted at the following email address AlleyCatModels@outlook.com

Rotor Craft

I am pleased to announce that a deal was secured through Colin Burgess (Rotor Craft) and Colin Strachan of Freightdog Models, so the Rotor Craft patterns and name will now be in the hands of Colin. Once again I wish Colin well and will assist him in the same way for a smooth transition. Freightdog can be contacted via freightdog@btopenworld.com

Alistair McLean

Lastly a quick note about my future. Well a few weeks ago it was very uncertain, and as of now it looks like I will still be around in the model making world, so you have not got rid of me as yet. I hope to continue to do some casting work, mainly clear casting but some general casting as well. However quite a few opportunities have opened up for me to do pattern making for other companies and this includes possibly developing new products for Alec and Colin. There are other prospects as well for other companies so it looks as if I could be extremely busy, and I am looking forward to using more of my creative ability and hopefully I will start building models again for my own enjoyment. My new contact email address is as follows, uc27studio@gmail.com

Well that is the end of the story and this will be my last announcement from A2Zee Models and Alley Cat. I will be visiting SMW at Telford next weekend and I am really looking forward to meeting with many of you and this time I think I will really enjoy the show.

Cheers Alistair 

Many thanks for the update Ali - sounds positive and we look forward to supporting Alec and the Colins in the future - and seeing what you come up with pattern-wise in the future!

Hopefully see you at Telford - we'll be on the 32SIG stand (except Sat lunchtime - early/mid afternoon - judging).

All the best for your future!

Iain

Best of luck with your future endeavors. I truly appreciate the kits that I was able to obtain from you and hope that your creativity continues to find an enjoyable outlet.

Tnarg

A bittersweet announcement for sure, but one that also includes much hope for all concerned. I wish you all the best Alistair, and especially thank you for your support of LSP during your membership here - it has been greatly appreciated! We hope you'll continue to be an active member, and keep us informed of your future endeavours.

Kev

Thanks for all the posts messages and emails guys, soon I will get the moderators to close my old forum name as that will no longer be relevant and will get confusing, and will re-join just as me.

Really looking to being more active on the forums all round, and so far so good for my future, all exciting for me. I am sure I will see many of you at Telford.

cheers Ali

Thanks for all the posts messages and emails guys, soon I will get the moderators to close my old forum name as that will no longer be relevant and will get confusing, and will re-join just as me.

We can simply change your display name Alistair, so that you don't need sign up again or lose any of your posts.

Kev