Next, the engine. I've made the
rocker arms push rods with 0.44mm nickel wire, dipped in Uschi burnishing solution to make them black. I was not sure that it would work with this material, but it works ! However, it was quite difficult to place them in their holes without scratching the black surface. First, i drilled every rocker arm push rod position to be able to move them in and glue them.
Then i used the PE sparking wires. Usually i made them with copper or lead wire, but here i tried to use the parts supplied in the box. With a good coat of paint they are not too much two dimensional. But bending and gluing the rings on the
rocker arms push rods was pretty painful...
And then i tried to make the engine cowling support struts with plastic strips (0.64mm), but compared to real thing picture, i think they are too thick and i will try to use 0.33mm nickel wire instead. As in the picture they seems to be thinner than the
rocker arms push rods, it should be ok (will try it tomorrow) :
EDIT : i've corrected my mistake, calling "rocker arms" what is actually "push rods". Please excuse my english !
Edited by Zero77, 20 October 2014 - 08:55 AM.
Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know.
Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D, Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V, Bf109E-3, F-35A 34th FS