1/32 HpH SG-38 Schulgleiter 38

Thomas Lund

After having lost my mojo for this one, I found that in the last couple of weeks I was forced to finish it. This is a SG-38, a german designed glider for basic training before and during WWII. This plane - OY-96 - is the first entry into my fathers log book 30th june 1948 and eventually he had loads of flights in this one. SG-38 was very dear to my father as well as all of his soaring friends.

I finished it and presented it to him this wednesday and he was delighted. It held the place of honor next to his bed. Unfortunately it was one of his last clear days as he passed away quietly this evening. Naturally I'm devastated, but also happy I got to finish this one and present it to him in time and thank him for the love of aviation he gave me

Maybe not the best work I've ever done, but certainly the most important

009_zps886d3114.jpg

011_zps5c995bac.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lund

Thomas, I am very sad to hear the news about your father.  He must certainly have been very proud of you and thankful that you remember such details about his life.

I also think your model turned out quite nice and I am sure it will remain in a place of honor with you .

Wishing you the best and my condolences as well,

Paul

Thomas, I am so sorry for your loss. 

I lost my dad a couple of years ago and I know how you are feeling.

Just know that I am SURE he was so proud of you! There is no greater honor than to have his son make such a tribute.

And to know that you got it to him just in time for him to know what you did for him. That is so incredibly special. 

For you to get this done and put a smile on your fathers face was meant to be. What a wonderful last thing to see before he flew to his next destination.

This is such a special aircraft. You did a wonderful job on it !

All my best to you and your family.

Teresa 

Thomas, I am very sad to hear the news about your father.  He must certainly have been very proud of you and thankful that you remember such details about his life.

I also think your model turned out quite nice and I am sure it will remain in a place of honor with you .

Paul

Same with me!!! Can't put it any better.

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Of all the wonderful post, I think Maru said it best. I know the both of you shared a special moment when you present it to him. For sure, it will be one of your greatest memories ..........Harv

Guest Peterpools

Thomas

My condolences on the loss of your Dad and what a wonderful gift. I'm sure there was a gleam in his eye and a thank you in his heart.

Peter

My sincere condolences Thomas. And thank you for sharing this important part of your life with us.Your model is more than just a piece of plastic, it is a symbol , representing all the great values given from Father to the Son.

Much appreciate that.

Martin

Paul

I second that, well said.

Ron