Eyes in the air, eyes on the ground - RQ-7B and M-ATV finished

dutik

Well, I'm in. Started cutting styrene today. Which kit? Stay tuned.

Want to make an in-flight display with some troops on the ground too. M-ATVs, to be correct. Two or three of them. Yes, we are going to the Stan...

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

OK, it's Academys RQ-7B. A pusher with twin tailbooms. A very small and simple kit, but qualified :thumbsup:

img_4501bpetw.jpg

First parts glued. To make an in-flight display I added Albion Alloys square tube into the rear fuselage and the base and a smaller one inbetween. Very nice stuff, the tubes fit each other precisely.

Look at the belly:

img_4502s4iah.jpg

The kit is nice. Good fit. Some mould seams need to be removed. Break lines of the kit parts follow the real paneel lines. Some details are lacking, some details are simplified. Will add some gizmos here and there.

Enjoy!

- dutik

The 'stan is ready:

rq-7b0000jisoy.jpg

Closeup:

rq-7b0001rks1n.jpg

This is the kit base with some carved sheets of balsa wood, a layer of wood putty, Tamiya buff and black, sand and small pebbles, a liberal amount of pigments and a coat of flat varnish.

Startet painting of the M-ATVs. Also added details to the drone. Some more to come. Keep care while handling this bird. The tail is that flimsy I broke it off two times...

Regards

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...

I have to travel a lot these days, so progress is slow. But the subject was choosen wisely: Some small kits well suited for on-and-off working sessions.

Pushed the M-ATVs ahead:

rq-7b0003rbygs.jpg

Have to do some minor touch-ups here and there, paint the chain guns and to paint the bottom parts where the miniatures were tacked onto the woodsticks.

On terrain:

rq-7b0004laay2.jpg

And the full view:

rq-7b0005e0bkx.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

• 4 months later...

Started to add/replace some finer details. The pushrods for all moving surfaces and some small switches located at starbord. Have to have a look for antenna wires and so before painting the fuselage. Engine to follow later.

Regards

- dutik