VA-152 A-4E 'Wild Aces' Skyhawk, (Jan. 7th. Update)

Hey, Why not peanut..... a 2sd for the GB. :piliot:

Since my 'Red Devils' (mud mover) is well under way, not to say 90% done,

and getting weirdly addicted to this group built....  :frantic:   :wacko:

I decide to jump in with another Scooter, my Israeli A-4N was so quick with no fit issue

from my POV.... I decide to go on, and should have enough time to do it before December.

For this one, I will use Edward S.A. interior, Quickboost seat and antenna, True Details wheels....

And as for the decals, I remember reading two years ago, a nice built article in Wing Master no:86,

did a trade last month for that same CAM sheet (32-089).

So here I am, all my stuff came in today, got everything and should start shortly....

IMG_0232_zpsa0d7e50c.jpg

See ya,  :coolio:

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc

Very Cool Dan!

Im glad you decided to come back and join us again!

This Group Build is bringing out the best in a  lot of modelers and I'm so  happy that all you folks are having so much fun.

You picked a great second kit. Mine needs a half an afternoon to finish up and I will do that before the end of the month.. i just keep digging into new projects for some reason!  Just an FYI and I know you already have the TD Wheels, but Harold makes some KILLER wheels for the scooter, I used them on my build with the kit brakes added and they look MUCH better IMHO then the TD " Half Flat" ones. Carrier aircraft use high pressure tires for safety reasons, and the TD set looks like...well half flat..

I added your name and project to the "Who's doing what" list and I am looking forward to your build!  :)

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...

i just keep digging into new projects for some reason!   :)

Paul 

Thak god I'm not alone..... most of the time when you're too focus for a long period on one specific model,

then you open another box and it feels like a releaf valve, and a boost of excitement.... :m0152:

Also Paul, as for the wheel from AMS, didn't find any at Sprue, will probably gonna contact Harold, was thinking

of some nice Snake eye of his to put on load....  :evil_laugh:

Why not,

Dan.

Dan, I think you DO have to get the wheels directly from Harold. They do not come with the brakes cast on the back of the wheel, so I cut them off the  plastic kit parts and added them. The Snakeyes are beautiful little models, I think you'll be pleased.   :)

Looking forward to updates.

Paul 

Oups, I'm late....  :sorry: 

Here an update on my 2sd built and this one going to be quick,....

For the first time i'm using Eduard PE colored interior and kind a like it, it does the job....

normally I go with resin pit but since that one is so small and so close, plus really like the one Reconspit did on his Cruz,

that I decide it was time.

WARNING........... The following picture are against everything 'rivet counters' believe..... :rofl:

Like someone said and don't remember exactly who it was, Harv or Jack....(sorry guys if not one of you two).... :whistle:

''LONG LIVE THE NON RiVET COUNTERS''... well, you'll probably notice that I fit more in that category along my build... and some other  :mental:

Here is the pit 90% done, vey quick with thoe PE.... with a Quickboost seat.

IMG_0288_zps932c6be8.jpg

Went too fast for the side panel, notice only later that I had to shorten them cause of the IP repositioning .... :doh:

that explain all the scratching on the front....

IMG_0285_zps2fe1ab8d.jpg

There is what I mean, when internal parts won't be seen cause everything will be close then I tend to cut corner short.....

like that engine, there was no need to put all the parts, as long as it doesn't affect the kit.

For me what it count, is the final result.....

IMG_0295_zpsd2e54788.jpg

That fuselage should be close this weekend.

Hope you like it.

Dan.