Personal project (A-4/ A-1 Decals)

Rob Colvin

It has taken a lot longer than I thought.....that said these two sheet go to print today. I plan on only printing 250 sheets of each....once they are gone thats it.......more details to come.

CAP32002_zps0b3085ae.jpg

CAP32001_zps4c00ea22.jpg

Edited by Rob Colvin

Here are the profiles for the Skyraiders from CAP32002.

There is an addendum sheet with two complete sets of national insignia, and a template for the VA-165 chevron will be included in the instruction sheet. This will allow you to build at least two options from 165 if you choose.

CAP32002VA-95VA-115Profiles_zps4ddeaab8.

CAP32002_VA-165_Profiles_zps89960bd2.jpg

Wow, they are wonderful.

I am so tempted. But I do not think I will ever build multiple of these birds and I have some cordial affairs with different schemes. But man, I may surrender.

Best

Jozef

Profiles for one of the Lady Jessie options, as well as one of the VA-93 options.

During the research of this sheet, it was found that all previous decal sheets covering Lady Jessie had elements of all three aircraft that carried these markings on airframes 155022 and 155018. CDR Gosebrink's name was also misspelled.

CAP has provided the first, fully accurate markings for Lady Jessie during two specific time frames.

VA-164VA-93Profiles_zps01dece67.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof

All,

I am working up the web site. The VA 153 bird is the only remaining profile to completed. As Dave Mentioned the decals are at print. Once I have product in hand i will put up all the links.

Thanks,

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed, Rob. Been researching a set or two for VA-55 and VA-212 Scooters meself. CAW 19.

One major bugbear has been sourcing aircrew name plaque. Hard to pick out shape and script layout on actual a/c, from online refs. Let alone SOPs for rank designations and name formatting.

Until I have the right dimensions and script font I'm stymied.

So, my question. What reds are there that can help me determine plaque dimension/layout and what pilot flew what BuNo?

I have the USN CAW site b/marked but pics are really limited on VA-55.

Would be an awesome addition to the 1:32 crowd, giving the Scooter some more love!

Regards

Ross

• 2 weeks later...