Trumpy Bf109G-6 Yellow 1 3/JG300 Manfred Dieterle

Just finished (pitot superglue barely dry :) )

I never got around to starting a build thread on this one. Will post a few WIP shots in next post

I needed to do a build straight OOB to rid myself of increasing AMS. So I chose this one because I knew it wasn't perfect. However I couldn't shake the AMS completely so I corrected the biggest problem with the Trumpy 109's - the short rudder. I extended it at the hinge line, rescribed and replaced the rib details. And of cause I had to choose the most difficult paint job I could fine. So much for OOB

Along the way I experienced the 'random act of kindness' so typical of LSP. I talked to SinueH about masks and cutting devices for it and he offered to cut some masks for this project. Thanks a LOT SinueH - it was such a success that my own cutter just arrived :) Now I only need to wrestle it from my wife...

So everything on this one is painted. Luckily the original seemed to have it's stencils overpainted.

This is the inspiration

Bf-109G6-3.JG300-%28Y1+%29-Manfred-Diete

And this i my version of it. Hope you like it

002x_zpsbec60085.jpg

006x_zps7de6f9c9.jpg

009_zps067add14.jpg

008_zps3cf4cdc7.jpg

007_zps0a674a8f.jpg

004x_zpsb401c722.jpg

011x_zpse1bed0f6.jpg

Just looked through my files - not much in the way of WIP pics. Only these that illustrate the use of vinyl masks. I would recommend vinyl masks over kabuki tape ones. Much easier to work with

First spray base color of marking. Place masks and overpaint with airframe color. Below you can see the yellow 1 masked and overpainted with RLM76 and the white for the Balkenkreuz has been painted and the mask placed. After this will follow black for Balkenkreuz center and this is then covered with a mask. Then RLM76 and off we go with the squiggle lines

003-Copy_zps03ea347b.jpg

002-Copy_zps96f50e72.jpg

068x_zps9ad41a67.jpg