Mig 15 my second 1/32 adventure

hey guys, thank you for letting me take part in this group build! after I got my Skyhawk done, I got bitten by the "need" to build something else for this group build. So I thought why not do one for the bad guys? I have done a decent amount of research, and learned that while Mig15's never saw action from the Vietnamese Air Force, they were used heavily for training. and saw all of their action during the Korean war. Regardless the kit was the right price, and it sorta fits the guidelines for this group build, so why not? I have not decided if I'm going to be building this one with the tail off/on exposing the engine and or flaps up/down and gun bay doors open. 

Regardless here are some pictures of my started build

100_5505_zps79e19e22.jpg

100_5507_zpse7026805.jpg

100_5508_zps294188fe.jpg

100_5509_zps5c15c914.jpg

100_5510_zps468f3106.jpg

Watch out for the wing roots  they are a bugger to grind down

Don't forget the white PANIC stripe down the front of the IP

Looking Good so-far

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

thanks for the heads up, what do you mean the "PANIC stripe and front of the IP" 

made some more progress today, slowly but surely it's starting to look like a mig, I still have a ton of work to do, I have decided to build this one with the rear tail off and engine exposed, so I will have to make the cradle for the rear wing assembly and the engine. 

Here are some pictures of where I'm at now. 

100_5526_zps8ddc10df.jpg

100_5524_zpsa70e7c5a.jpg

100_5522_zps2fcb49ed.jpg

100_5527_zps5dc6a49c.jpg

Good work!

Just be careful...............The Trumpy Mig-15 was the worst fitting IM kit I have ever put together.  I think if you take your time and use enough filler you can have a real winner in the end.

Looking for ward to more. :)

so far things have been pretty good, I don't know how many more issues I will run into, the reason being is that I will be displaying this one with the tail off and the engine exposed and ladder attached, etc. So in theory shouldn't really run into any more seams, but it's too early too tell.