"SAMMIE'S" BACK IN TOWN! Call it DONE!

I was planning on this to be my second build for this Group, but since my 105 has decided not to co-operate with me, I decided to move this up

Besides which came first,,,,The SAM or the WEASEL?  Trumpeters SA-2 Guideline Surface to Air Missile.....A nasty little thing! 

I'm building it OOB to avoid those nasty AM'sIMAG0045.jpgIMAG0043.jpgIMAG0042.jpg that drove me away from the Weasel for now.

Edited by marauderdriver

And look 3 hours in to it and I have the missile ready for paint.  No fuss, No muss, No AM, No cutting where the instructions say,just to be wrong, No fit issues

I apologize for my anger at AM issues, but they were supposed to make the build a little easier and more detailed and instead pushed my BURNED OUT button!

I'm struggling with building, which is why I put my B-17 back in the box after 3 months and built my Desert Hunter for the Foreign G/B, and bounced around with this  

group for a month before it kicked off. I needed to step away from my 105 and re-think what I'm doing, I wasn't having fun. Boy did I have FUN with this SAM todayIMAG0046.jpgIMAG0047.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

stikpusher@  Yes Sir it has been fun and in a week or so I may have my head cleared -up to get back to the aircraft the hunt's these....jack

Aircav1980@  I understand what you mean about frustration with the AM.  I don't normally use it but I had the cockpit set for a few years and recently purchased  

another set with a new nose cause I thought it would be easier in the trouble spots I know from when I built this kit 5 years ago....BUT NOOO!

Good luck with your 190 and hope we both can press on..........even if it takes a BIGGER HAMMER       Jack

Paul@  Especially if your a B/N in an Intruder in a movie......and if the pilot's name is Grafton.....Jump OVER-BOARD!!!     Jack

Great idea! The Attack guys need a target to keep them motivated! SA-2, telephone pole on steriods!

The F-105 is not an easy kit to build well so don't worry about it too much as many are in the same boat as you are. Just focus on one step at a time and if a part of the build is dragging you down just grab another section that is easier like some weapons or fuel tanks and assemble them. Think of it as many small builds to get to the completion stage.

Edited by Vitali

Oh dude, you don't need a kit for that...just use your broom stick and white paint. It will look authentic :rofl:

Seriously, nice choice of kit. I too have a same kit someplace and someday will get to it. So, good luck on the build... :popcorn:  

Great Job on our SAM Jack, now I'll have to bring my Iron Hand Scooter over and put it back into pieces for you  :) Seriously, I'm glad you've found a little piece and quit at the bench with something fun and hopefully youll get back at the F-105 shortly. 

All the best to yo my friend,

Paul 

Nice Jack -not quite the kind of uncle 'SAM' that the boys would have particularly enjoyed over in 'Nam, but certainly something very different and relevant :goodjob:

Derek

Man!  Between Vitali's IRON HAND  Truder,  Paul's IRON HAND  Scooter and My Wild Weasel   I'm goin to have to build a BUTT-LOAD of these things.

I guess things happen for a reason.....but the break from the 105 is what I needed plus you guy's needed a TARGET

Thank You Guy's for the support

jack

Cooooool!

What a neat project.  I like things like this that are related but not super involved............nice result so far and good sanity check!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Besides which came first,,,,The SAM or the WEASEL?  Trumpeters SA-2 Guideline Surface to Air Missile.....A nasty little thing! 

WEASEL of course. The Vietnamese just responded to the demand by introducing the SAM to the market.

With enough thrust even a telegraph pole can fly... :thumbsup:

Nice choice! Always a good idea to take a break from overcomplicated projects and have a refreshing quick-and-easy build :speak_cool:

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik