Swiss Bf109G

Zero77

Thanks for your nice comments !

Here are the last pictures, as i have finished it today.

The MDC spinner and the propeller with the white double band :

20140509_031331_zpsd5a8a0ee.jpg
20140509_031323_zps1b6f8c0c.jpg

As i cant choose if i should make it with the canopy open (nice to show the cockpit) or closed (better to preserve the nice lines of the aircraft), i've made a custom micro hinge for the canopy.

I have to modify a bit the canopy (i have carved a groove in the thickness of the clear part), quite risky, but i have an extra canopy from another kit, so i have another chance if i have destroyed it.

The hinge is made of brass micro tube (0.6mm) with an axe made of 0.4mm nickel rod. The tube is cut in 3 parts, two small parts at the extremities, glued to the fuselage, and the center part glued to the canopy. It was a paint to make it functional, as moving it was often leading to brake the glue. But with enough cuting of the canopy part, it now works great ! And it is not so noticeable from the outside. (the real stuff also has this kinf of hinge, visible from the right side).

20140510_020112_zpsf1d1dd07.jpg
20140510_020052_zpsf379303d.jpg

Edited by Zero77

Here are the quickboost exhausts, far better from the kit ones. The kit ones can be nice, but you have to carve all the exhaust tubes, so i prefer use resin ones, it's less time consuming.

20140511_194237_zps1839ee50.jpg
20140511_194200_zpsfa104ba4.jpg
20140511_194147_zpsbe70d65f.jpg

Hi 

only one word : terrible !!!!!!! . the paint is clean , the weathering subtle , and a good choice of paint scheme .....du Zero 77 pur jus !!!!!!!!!!!!

bye Alain 

Neat model~!  and what an eye-catching scheme.

You did an excellent job on this one, and in such a short time!

Congratulations. It can be proudly displayed among all those other beauties in your glass cabinet!

Cheers,

Fab

Thanks a lot for your kind comments !

This was a quite fast and pleasant build, with (almost) no trap, and i enjoyed it ! Those Bf109 are very nice to build aside a more tricky and tiring build.