1/32 Ta152 - ZM kit OOB

Zero77

Almost OOB.... i've used the MDC resin seat and brass guns, HGW belts and an eagle cals decals sheet.

It was quite pleasant to build. Some little fitting issues because of the lot of parts, including for the wings. But i corrected it with some Mr Surfacer (to reduce gaps) then cleaned with a cotton bud dipped in Mr color thinner.

Given the very nice engine provided in the kit, i couldn't make my mind if yes or not i have to glue the engine panels. So i let them unglued, so the fit is not always perfect (they move each time i move the plane) but they hold by themselves.

The paint used for the camo are gunze aqueous hobby color, RLM82, RLM76 and RLM81 with a few drop of brown (i dont remember wich brown... but anyway it's only a very few drops). It was then wheathered with mig washes and pigments.

All markings (except stencils, obviousldy) were painted with custom paint masks, that i made myself with my new Silhouette Portrait cutter. It's a very handy tool, and not very expensive for all the service that it could bring to the modeller. And once the program is done (german crosses, swastikas, numbers...) i can resize the markings for any further aircraft with the same markings.

20140330_172404_zpsb0d7d885.jpg
20140330_172353_zps960de43c.jpg
20140330_172333_zps2a8c2803.jpg
20140330_172318_zpsc9af7317.jpg
20140330_172309_zps40375135.jpg
20140330_172256_zps2bd1059d.jpg
20140330_172248_zps787e24f7.jpg
20140330_172214_zps39d382de.jpg
20140330_172202_zps3071f77f.jpg
20140330_172152_zps46c71ed9.jpg

Edited by Zero77

Fantastic model, paint job is a first rate job, and don't worry about the cowlings fit, in the real aircraft they never fit perfectly......thank you for sharing. :piliot:

Edited by Maurice

Very nice build! The kit features also a very high level of fine surface details. Impressive kit engineering! Impressive kit building! :goodjob:

Are the stencils made by Eagle Cal? The German spelling is somewhat odd in places.

And I like your finish of the hard stand planking :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

Thanks a lot for your heartening comments !

Very nice build! The kit features also a very high level of fine surface details. Impressive kit engineering! Impressive kit building! :goodjob:

Are the stencils made by Eagle Cal? The German spelling is somewhat odd in places.

And I like your finish of the hard stand planking :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

Yes the stencils are made by eagle cals.I cant say for the spelling as i dont speak german (maybe the eagle cals guys either !)... But i prefer the eagle cals decals than the ZM ones which i think are too thick.

Crikey! You are on an absolute roll mate. Terrific work on all three builds, and this one is just as nice as the others. And of course I'd like to publish this one on the website too!

Kev

Yes Kev, of course, you can publish all three !

Edited by Zero77

The German language red stencil at the fin reads: push down elevator during slipper (shoe) :whistle:

"Schlappen" should be "schleppen" to say: push down elevator during tow.

There is also a more than generous use of capital letters. Well, German is one of the few languages using capital letters inside phrases, but not to THAT amount :oops:

Well, my English is not better than Eagle cal German stencils, so I don't want throw stones :innocent:

Regards

- dutik

Lol, funny !

Now you say that, i remember that my grand father was often using the word "schalp" as an argotic french slang to say "old shoe".

The worst stencils that i've ever seen are the trumpeter Mig-19 ones.... The east-german stencils are in english and the russian ones are english phonetically translated in cyrillic. Crazy !