1/32 Avia S-199 (Hasegawa Bf109G-6 + Werner's wing conversion

Zero77

I really enjoyed building this one. The hasegawa kit is very easy to built and the Werner's wing conversion is great. I had to correct a few flaws and replace some parts (broken or badly moulded) but nothing very difficult. The decals are one of the best i know, even too much (they are very thin and i had some issue on the fuselage letters on one side, where the decal has folded under itself, and i cannot manage to correct this issue. Fortunately, they are so thin that it is not even noticeable, except if you really watch it very close).

Here is a link to the WIP thread : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=47912

20140330_173158_zps60e9190a.jpg
20140330_172116_zps65953b9a.jpg
20140330_172111_zpsd96be5e7.jpg
20140330_172033_zps984423ae.jpg
20140330_172016_zpsb8ceb1d9.jpg
20140330_172009_zps79b639fc.jpg
20140330_171909_zps8b6f0843.jpg
20140330_171825_zps935810a1.jpg
20140330_171810_zps21d4b9ef.jpg

Edited by Zero77

BTW, what were the problems that you faced with your conversion set?

Mine has a paper-thin wall of the lower nose. Guess I can fix this with some superglue and filler from inside. Any other problems to watch for?

Regards

- dutik

Hi 

very very nice job , I am enjoyed to see a built from you , it's always a pleasure for the eyes 

bye Alain

Thank you Alain ! I'm still amazed by your Aussie Mirage III !

BTW, what were the problems that you faced with your conversion set?

Mine has a paper-thin wall of the lower nose. Guess I can fix this with some superglue and filler from inside. Any other problems to watch for?

Regards

- dutik

I dont remember of such a problem with my conversion. But there was a few others. It was quite painful to clean up the intake and the exhaust places. No exhaust provided, so as the ones provided in the hasegawa kit were DB-605 ones and quite plain, i've bought a quickboost exhaust set for a Stuka, and made the thin metal covers (not very visible on the pictures) with lead foil.

You have to move forward the little air vent on the right side of the fuse as it is not at the right place (must match the vent inside), but this issue is from the kit, not the conversion.

I had to thin and sand carrefully the junction between the aft of the nose piece (the cowls) to make it fit with the kit.

I made a little mistake installing the cockpit, but it's my fault : i've cutted the aft of the upper cockpit place (the 2 triangles in the corner, just aside of the belts attachement). I then had to remake them with plasticard.

I also had a little issue to fit the rudder. I dont remember very well, but i had to struggle to make the height of the tail and the rudder match correctly.

Except those little things, this conversion was quite easy with very few traps. You just have to dry fit many times before gluing.

Oh, i've forgotten the wing bulges... They were painful to make them flush with the wing surface, as the resin parts were quite thick (same than the ones in the G-14 kit, i think). So i have thinned them as much as i can, placed them on the wings and trace theeir shape, then carved in the plastic with a cutter blade, and then when it was quite flush, put some putty, sanded clean and reengraved the line.

If it can help, here is my WIP :

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=47912&hl=avia