Kittyhawk 1/32 T-6G Texan

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#1 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,583 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Well folks, I'm just finishing up my review of the Kittyhawk Models 1/32 Texan, and thought I'd continue the process with an OOB review build, much like I did with the HK Models Meteor. I'll be building it as close to OOB as possible, and using the kit's decals. This will take somewhat longer than the Meteor, but will hopefully still serve as a useful guide to how it goes together, and how the supplied decals perform. Rather than bore you with photos of the kit's contents etc, I'll post a link to the review when it's ready, as it contains all that stuff already.

More soon!

Kev

• JohnB and MARU5137 like this

#2 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Nice Kev.

I have a to get list at SB.com and it includes a T-6 and one of Harolds prop sets when they come out. Ill be following along for sure.............

:popcorn:

#3 DMurph

DMurph

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Great deal very interested to see this one. I'll be getting this into the http://www.smokestackhobby.com soon from our distributor. Can't wait to see what you do with it too. 

Cheers Murph...

BannerMM2-2-1.jpg

Building models isn't a hobby it's an addiction!    http://www.dpmurphy81.blogspot.com

#4 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,583 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for your interest fella. Here's the link to the review so you can check out the contents, if you haven't seen them already:

http://www.largescal...ew.php?rid=1241

I might be a little while actually cutting plastic on this one, as I don't have anywhere to put the Meteor, so it's still sitting on my workbench, preventing me from starting anything else. No idea where to put it yet either!

Kev

#5 spacewolf

spacewolf

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

I'll be following along and hope in future that either they bring out a proper Canadian version or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf, 01 February 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#6 shark64

shark64

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

any release date  yet?

Oliver

#7 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,583 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

any release date  yet?

Oliver

It's out now Oliver. You can order it from PCM and Sprue Brothers, just to name two of our sponsors.

Kev

#8 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I'll be following along and hope in future that either they bring out a proper Canadian version or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

Vaughn

I know a lot of people have mentioned you cant do a proper Harvard from the kit...............so if most of the antenna or what-nots are there, the long exhaust is there, what are we missing, canopy parts?

#9 Jessie_C

Jessie_C

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

I know a lot of people have mentioned you cant do a proper Harvard from the kit...............so if most of the antenna or what-nots are there, the long exhaust is there, what are we missing, canopy parts?

And proper fuselage parts to put the canopy on. There were also some minor differences in the interior: instrument panel arrangement, throttle handles, British radios and the like.

#10 Loic

Loic

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

Looking forward to this one mate  ;)

Cheers!________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the work :   Dornier Do 335   /   A-1H/J Skyraider   /   Mirage F1 (Scratchbuild)  /  Mirage IIIC

Completed builds :   Hawker Tempest (kitbash)   /   Nakajima B5N Kate (Scratchbuild)   /   Spitfire Mk I

Master pattern work:   DB-603 Engine    /   F4U-1 Corsair engine bay 

#11 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

And proper fuselage parts to put the canopy on. There were also some minor differences in the interior: instrument panel arrangement, throttle handles, British radios and the like.

Ohhhh keeeey. Like what fuselage differences?  Like whole new kit differences or like most people can live with it differences?

#12 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Kev

Eagerly looking forward to 'inhaling' your Texan build and will be taking notes all along the way. Without question, from all the interest in the kit, there should be an avalanche of build threads coming our way. I'm extremely interested in seeing how well the Texan builds straight out of the box and what After Market additions will be needed. With all that glass and a wide open front office, I hoping Roy Sunderland does his magic and graces us with a few Barracuda cockpit upgrades as with the Mustang and Spitfire and anything else Harold has up his sleeve..

I'm buckled into my chair, a hot pot of Joe is on the stove and I ready waiting for the show to begin.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn: 

Keep 'em coming

Peter

0338ba3a-e311-4dab-8212-e3c738b97d5d_zps

ZM He 219 A-O

#13 sharkmouth

sharkmouth

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

... or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

It would be more of a conversion than a correction since the kit is a Texan.  It would involve cutting into the upper fuselage at the end of the main canopy to add a section with the proper curved lower edge to a replacement rear canopy.  The long exhaust is missing the heater pipe I've seen inside with the inlets to the cockpit's cabin. 

Hopefully, it will look like what Ultracast did for their 1/48th scale Harvard exhaust (which is being compared to the Occidental kit's part):

02.jpg

As for Harvards, there are others which can point out more details than I (such as RCAF_100).

Regards,

Saúl García
animated_shark.gif

#14 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'm excited to see this one Kevin.  Hopefully the kit goes together well, this is one I'd like to pick up.

Matt  :frantic:

#15 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hey Kev, we will be on page 2 soon! Looks like you already have a lot of followers....me included!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users