Photoetched seat belts type?

thierry laurent

Prefered photoetched seat belt type?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. When photoetched seat belts are included in a kit, which type do you prefer?

• Full seat belt with the buckles molded on the belt
    • Seperate belt and buckles parts
    • Having both options

Guest Peterpools

I prefer the buckles as separate parts, which allows more options, especially if the PE is thick an cumbersome.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I really loathe photo-etched belts, so limiting its use to the buckles, and then using fabric or paper to represent the straps is the way to go. Radu and HGW both offer such things. On smaller scale aircraft models. I actually prefer a resin seat with the belts moulded in place.

Kev

I really loathe photo-etched belts, so limiting its use to the buckles, and then using fabric or paper to represent the straps is the way to go. Radu and HGW both offer such things. On smaller scale aircraft models. I actually prefer a resin seat with the belts moulded in place.

Kev

Don't forget about Eduard and Waldron. (I think Waldron stuff can still be had.) In fact, I'll probably have to resort to the 1:24 Waldron buckles for a Bf 109K-4 that I'm working on right now, as it turns out.

Guest Peterpools

Guys

The question was: included with a kit, as I totally agree, my preference would be to leave the PE belts in the box and buy after market replacements.

Peter

aftermarket by HGW with the etched buckles and fabric belts I think is the best result. If we are talking what is provided directly with the kit, I guess "having both options" for belts would be preferred.

I like the idea of HGW stuff finding its way into modern jet kits. Eduard have generated a joint deal for their re-pop of the quarter scale Academy F-4 kits, and I'd love to see those in 1/32 jets

Tony

I'm with the "none of the above crowd". I would leave them in the box and go with either molded into a resin seat or my newly preferred Fine Molds/Nano Aviation belts. Wish they would cover modern subjects too.

Don