Well ladies and gents, I'm back once again to start my next project. Some of you may remember my mildly feeble attempt at some humor HERE with a little guessing game about a next build of mine. It didn’t work out so well, as I got a bit irked at the fact that I had ordered the EP pit a LONG time ago and it still wasn’t in by the time I was ready to start the build, so I moved on.
The Eagle Parts cockpit has been here for a while now, and now that Im completely finished with teh XF5U-1, I'm ready to actually commence this build!
With all of these 1/32nd B-17 builds going on, I figured they needed something to shoot at them so this is my next project, a Focke Wolf Fw-190 A-8 R/2 “Sturmbach”. In this case, I will be building Willi Ungers mount “Yellow 17” of JG 3 based in Barth Germany, as she was in the spring of 1944 –
Yellow 17 had the unusual "Krebs-Gerat" mounted center line, replacing the center fuel tank/bomb. The Krebs-Gerat, was a (fairly UN-successful) 21 cm rocket that was carried under the belly of the Fw 190s, and fired rearward, into a bomber stream. This was not very effective, but was unusual since not many Fw 190s carried them. This will all be scratch built.
I will be basing the model off of the venerable Hasegawa Fw-190 A-8 kit, with a PLETHORA of AM thrown at this thing, including a Black Dog A-8 R/2 conversion.
I REALLY had to do some “between builds cleaning” so spent a few days really going through the man-cave. This included completely revamping my spray booth, by taking it completely apart, cleaning it (and the man-cave overall) from top to bottom, and replacing the 3 filters, along with the work-top screen I use. The took quite a while, but the spray booth has not been SO clean in years –
Ready to go for some painting action!
I couldn’t stand having such a clean bench, so lets get started!
First up, the proverbial opening shot I personally like to show that gives you an overall idea of what all I will be starting with.
First up, is the basis for the whole build, the 1/32nd Hasegawa Fw 190 A-8 –
Next up, an overall shot of the quite substantial pile of AM I have accumulated for this build –
This includes but is not limited to:
- Eagle Parts amazing late Fw 190 A-8 cockpit
- Master Models Mk 108 brass canon barrels
- G-Factor white brass gear
- Black Dog Models A-8 R/2 Sturmbach conversion
- Custom 40mm brass Werfer tube from LSP Mebo (Thanks again Mikkel!)
- Lion Roar 21cm Werfer rocket
- Master Details resin tail surfaces
- Aires Fw 190 A-8 resin wheel wells
- Eagle parts resin Fw 190A tail wheel
- MDC resin Fw 190 smooth tread main wheels and ribbed tail wheel
- Eagle Parts resin Fw-190 boss, and common prop blades
- Eagle Parts resin Mk 108 canon fairings
- Eduard color PE interior
- Mike Grant late Fw 190 stencils
- Montex Masks Fw 190 JG 3 “Yellow 17” paint masks
- Quick Boost resin Fw 190 Anton exhausts
Finally, the last piece of AM I have for this build is one of the coolest IMHO. I decided to display the Fw 190 in a vignette type setting, so I purchased a base to non-permanently display it on.
I picked up the Just Plane Stuff 1/32nd Luftwaffe plank hard stand –
Edited by Out2gtcha, 31 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.