Trumpeter 1/32 F-105D

David Mooney

Hello, this is the first plane I have ever put on the web so please be nice :m0152: . To be honest most have not been to great but after years and many kits later I think I may have cracked it...........finally! so whatever critism is given will be taken on board and used to help progess and do a better job next time, but if I don't agree :fight: I KNOW WHERE YA LIVE lol!

So here goes, hope you all like it

kit0122_zpsa78759ce.jpg

kit001_zps1ae055cf.jpg

kit017_zps4aeffb36.jpgkit0092_zps8c34fa3a.jpgkit007_zps99dfecde.jpgkit015_zpscc71c2c5.jpgkit018_zpsf5ef24bd.jpgkit005_zps699a1813.jpgkit004_zps0d67c44f.jpgkit023_zps46a348a2.jpg

As you can see in the last picture the cockpit instrument panel is way to high and I never realised till it was to late to fix, so forgive this as I have since found that its a kit issue!! ok, ok, I should have done a bit of research before I built the kit. Eduard's big ed was used on the kits and the bombs were "rusted up" using Humbrol weathering power. I did my research on the bombs and found that a lot of the bombs used in veitnam were left overs from the end of world war two and were in a very bad rusted state, so hence the reason my bombs look so rusty. Marks outta ten folks?????

Looks like you had fun with that one!

Don't ever worry about problems you discover after you finish a model! If you had a ball, then it has done it's job! But if you can learn something from the experience and put that to good use on the next project, that one will be even better than the one before. Those rusty bombs look great, I would certainly love to know how you did it; ordnance often looks pretty scruffy, especially dumb bomb casings that have been hanging around a while. I remember reading one of the crew on the first Black Buck mission to the Falkland Islands being surprised at the terrible state of the 1000 lbers being loaded into his Vulcan, and that one even seemed to have something oozing out of it!!

Tim

Looks like you had fun with that one!

Don't ever worry about problems you discover after you finish a model! If you had a ball, then it has done it's job! But if you can learn something from the experience and put that to good use on the next project, that one will be even better than the one before. Those rusty bombs look great, I would certainly love to know how you did it; ordnance often looks pretty scruffy, especially dumb bomb casings that have been hanging around a while. I remember reading one of the crew on the first Black Buck mission to the Falkland Islands being surprised at the terrible state of the 1000 lbers being loaded into his Vulcan, and that one even seemed to have something oozing out of it!!

Tim

Hello Tim,

the way I bid the bombs was to paint the entire bomb its base colour all over first of. Then as it was only the bomb sections that there "in a sad state" I masked of the "newer" fins sections of the item. Then I used Humbrol's weathering powders, first of I used the red oxide to give it the deep red and then went over the with the lighter rust to give it a more weathered and realistic look. to be fair I was a little worried how they would turn out certainly as it was my first go at this. I did have a few :oops: moments but I was more than happy with the result.