Trumpeter 1:24 BF 109K-4

LSP_K2

OK folks, lots of stuff has been going on in my life here lately (some not so good), that has left me no choice but to abandon all of my previous WIP projects, focusing on perhaps just one or two this winter. The good news here (for me anyway), is this will hopefully force me to work on something until it's actually finished, something that I've been real bad about not doing for several years now.

The obligatory box photo.

101313_zps8afdf363.jpg

Kevin,

Good luck!  It looks like a nice project. :)

I have the same problem you have had, I can't finish crap!  a good portion of my stash is started, but not complete. :BANGHEAD2:

I've thought about picking this kit up, but not sure.   I'll be following this build :popcorn:

Cheers,   Ian

The possible scheme selection (scan liberated from the WWW), though I also have one of the "Too Little, Too Late" Eagle Strike sheets that I may decide to choose from. Nothing fancy here, save for perhaps some Barracuda wheels, concentrating mostly on trying to achieve a cool exterior finish.

13405632ey0_zps38ae2142.jpg

Kevin,

Good luck!  It looks like a nice project. :)

I have the same problem you have had, I can't finish crap!  a good portion of my stash is started, but not complete. :BANGHEAD2:

I've thought about picking this kit up, but not sure.   I'll be following this build :popcorn:

Cheers,   Ian

It's an old bad habit of mine too, starting zillions of projects, finishing none, and for various reasons, that needs to stop.

As to the kit, all I can say is that it looks really cool to me. Accurate? I have no idea, but my real concern is to get it finished, regardless.

Two different interpretations of the same photograph.

I don't know how much 'correction' you plan to do, but two issues that I know of are the right engine bearer and circuit breaker are incorrect.  Just sayin'.

Will be following.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Two different interpretations of the same photograph.

I don't know how much 'correction' you plan to do, but two issues that I know of are the right engine bearer and circuit breaker are incorrect.  Just sayin'.

Will be following.

Sincerely,

Mark

As coincidence would have it, I have at least fifteen books dedicated to the G and K series, including some exceptional pit shots. If I see anything wrong that really bugs me, I may take a stab at correcting it, but mostly I'll be concerned with the exterior finish. Thanks for checking in Mark.

13405632ey0_zps38ae2142.jpg

I remember the later scheme very well. I just did not add the mottling to the tail back then, as I ran across a picture which suggests it wasn't mottled.

For some reason, I like the 'Ks more than any other version of the 109 :)