Meng Models ME-163B 1/32

Nick32

Good news - About time :thumbsup:

I will still be producing more Komet bits soon, but I now have (potentially) another Komet kit to consider as well as the Hasegawa kit (looking forward to seeing the sprue shots and built model photographs :)).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Yeeesssss !!!!! Looks very promessing ! 190 parts + p.e.; that's a lot !! I just hope the price will be not too heavy. I got the F-102 in 1/72 and you really have to want it, because it is very expensive for a kit that scale.

But once more: Yeeesssss !!!!!

Nic

Guest Peterpools

Terrific news on Meng's first 32nd scale kit. Add it t my must buy list.....

Now where to find all the extra funds?

:hmmm:

I think they have only done 72nd scale aircraft kits (as well their AFV kits) but from what i have seen of those they look very well done.

I'm looking forward to this one coming out!

Edited by Nick32

that's a hight parts count for what is a tiny aircraft , still those comments aside, it looks to be an excellent kit .. I'll certainly be having one of these , now where's my copy of Mano Ziegler's book ..

Just saw this myself and was about to post it. Great news in my book! The old Hasegawa kit isn't bad, but is a good candidate for a modern update. Dragon announced one and did nothing, so Meng has come to our rescue. I wonder if they'll plump for a Do 335 next? :wicked:

Kev

Well, my first thought reading the topic headline was 'are Meng and Dragon related to each other?' ;)

Good news for those who like that lil' bugger, though. :)

I am not impressed at all.

If they had issued the Do-335 then I would be applauding.

But to me this is another kit that is just not as needed as models of airplanes that have not yet been issued.

It is a boring as Dragons Me-110 and Kinetics F-86.

It is like looking at a remake of an old movie, where the original was more than enough.

Ho Hum. :popcorn:

Stephen

P.S. Yes, I know that I am apparently swimming against the tide if you read the preceding positive responses to this post. But consider that the other members who feel like I do may be so unimpressed that they are just ignoring the whole thing and are not bothering to make a comment.

P.P.S. Notice that I am not saying anything negative about including all the interior details that will not be visible when the model is completed? I think the idea of seeing all those details during the construction process, even if one cannot see them after completion of the model is kind of intriguing. It leaves a visual and possibly a tactile sense of understanding of the aircraft after the model is completed and is sitting on the shelf. It may be akin to people's fascination with the human skeleton even though we do not see it when people are walking around alive.

However if I built this model I would separate the fuselage lengthwise so I could remove the top half and show what the interior looks like. Then It would all make sense to me.

A 1/32 Pfeil would be fantastic, true. I do think however that issuing a kit of which an old model exists - like this Me-163 - is a good thing too. The engineering possibilities have changed a lot over the last 30 years and it will offer a lot of new possibilities.

The fun thing with the Komet is that with the tail removed and some of the upper panels, you see everything in a very realistic scene.

I agree it is always great when a kit is brought on the market that hasn't been done before in 1/32, but I sure am happy with a new Komet. I like Dragon's Me-110 much better than the old Revell kit - one I wouldn't build. Same thing with Tamiya's Spit or Mustang. I'd like to see a new Mosquito, Beaufighter, Lysander, X-1 or Starfighter as well as not yet available planes like the Pfeil, Do17, Ju-88 G6 or an F-102 !

Nic