WNW DH.2 Finally Finished

seiran01

I'm frankly amazed that I was able to finish this kit, considering my lack of patience for all things related to rigging! Well here she is, Wingnut's nice little DH.2 kit, out of the box with EZ Line. This markings option is in the Duelists double boxing which also includes the Fokker E.III kit.

photo+4.JPG

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

photo+3.JPG

Very nice build, my congratulations.

I also built D.H.2 (but it was Roden's), about two years ago, and all that rigging drove me crazy, I thought that I would never finished it.

However I managed to do it.

A question for you - why the ailerons are in such unrealistic position?

Edited by olgerd83

Thanks guys! Yep Kev, I'll add the article when I have a moment. It was mentioned in the instructions that to balance out the torque, the ailerons dropped a tiny bit on both sides. I had them looking a bit better to my eyes initially but managed to break all ailerons off at least once or twice during rigging.

Nice job on the DH-2! I like how you made the replacement wing a slightly different color. I think you have the aileron position correct. I've seen pictures of DH-2s with just a little droop on both sides, yours matches the pictures. Maybe that was how they trimmed the aircraft?

Excellent job! I like that aircraft. I think this one will go together more easily than the Roden one did, which can be a bit of an adventure.

Tim W.

Thanks apauling, Tim.

You're right Tim, this is a very easy build if you don't factor in the rigging. I did not even need to use an alignment jig for the wings and they are spot-on for alignment due to the quality of the parts engineering. Do you come to the NoVa IPMS meetings? I may bring this in August if you want to see it in person.

Cheers,

Mike

Excellent job! I like that aircraft. I think this one will go together more easily than the Roden one did, which can be a bit of an adventure.

Tim W.

To say the truth the Roden's model is not very tough. I'm going to make new foto session on this weekend and I'll show you that you can make

the good model from that kit.

Take a look the foto of my D.H.2 (just to heat up the interest) :wicked:

1328180266_DSC07009.jpg