FW-190D15 reconstruction

Guest Martinnfb

Not sure what to say about this build. It was a lengthy one, in matter of fact I've almost ditched it. Too many questions, no answers, no patience, no space, nerve and skill.

However with the help of my friends and support of local junkies it's done. Thanks to Jerry Rutman I was able to combine the resin nose for Ta-152C and Hasegawa's D-9.The history of this sub-type of the famous long nose wurger was and still is covered with a fair bit of mystery.There are only few known photographs that can prove it's existence. The rest was based on books from JaPo and Jerry Crandall's Fw-190D books.

Altogether I am not sure about the outcome, I do not like it.Of course it's a messy style of mine, that's all cool, but somehow I can't get over the feeling that something is missing.Oh well maybe some of you guys will find this bird interesting, so we might see more d15's in the big scale popping out like a weasels. :)

Thanks for looking

MartinDSC_8635_zps48204804.jpgDSC_8637_zpsc3469d1d.jpgDSC_8636_zpsf112381d.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

I have never been a D fan, but saying that, I believe this is the best one I've seen ! Very, very well done.............Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

Edited by Guest

I have never been a D fan, but saying that, I believe this is the best one I've seen ! Very, very well done.............Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

Lie ! , everybody is a D fan :D ... Thank You Harvey, I appreciate that.

One of the (if not THE) finest Dora's I have ever laid eyes on- BEAUTIFUL! I love this build, sure do wish I had it in MY display case!

He, he thanks Frank, your kindness totally spoils my ego :)

Super Duper - Certainly caught the look. Since you don't like it, can I have it? :frantic:

Seriously though, be proud!

Imagine if they did have a bunch of these flying around, Mustang trouble!

Thank you, no problemo, just pick it at the IPMS Vancouver fall show :), everything must go :innocent: . I was trying to imagine this plane in NMF with bright color number flying around pylons in Reno...yeah baby! :piliot:

Thank You sir.

• 8 months later...