...to slap some paint on. Yay! Just took me three years or so to get her primered and such. It started out once as a test mule for the 'stressed skin'-effect, didn't came out anything I expected or liked, and thus it went back to the box in frustration. The box went to the stash and was forgotten, until I ran across it, looking for some other parts. Was a bit surprised that I had a FW 190 in my at all, checked and found, another surprise, all parts in one box (I have the nasty habbit of spreading parts in several boxes all over my appartment). So, half a tube of putty and a quarter jar of Mr Surfacer 500 later, I ended up with this: You might have noticed that the power egg came undone in the meantime, the usual drama I have to endure, but on second look, that wasn't the worst thing to happen, as I allowed me to conveniently sand the the area between wingroot and cowling smooth (which took quite some Apoxie Sculpt to get rid of the gap). Next update will show some colours. I'll try to depict this plane, W.Nr. 171189, Black '<< + -' (forget about the profile on the page). I'll use Montex Masks for the first time. So, off to the town to get some paint. Dozens of jars in the house, but no RLM 74, 75 and 76... Enjoy! Ah, for those interested, an Eduard Big Ed set went into this.
Edited by KOTR, 19 March 2013 - 01:16 AM.