Grummann F4F4 Wildcat/Martlet 1/32 Hobbycraft

tchwrma

Hi, folks! I'm here to submit my '32 wildcat in these GB. It's a Kit already started, but I intend to show the pictures and the assembly process just like If I was assembling now. And then I will continue the work. Btw, please forgive me if my spelling it was not good. My native language is portuguese, and I will try to write in a understandable way.

Initially, the kit. This is a rebox from a trumpeter model made by HobbyCraft:

bAs2ZYH.jpg
ZkqOOYI.jpg

Trees:

1oQtjMw.jpg
6MhjMWt.jpg
U9HxNqg.jpg
Y0Tjl0v.jpg
LIdFbaT.jpg

Here the cowling, made from a transparency, to allow the modeler to show the motor:
uAgvdWx.jpg

The transparencies:

uUunDSi.jpg

continue.....

Edited by tchwrma

Here I made a wall to simulate the tank who are below the cockpit:
npPwB1D.jpg
lMRtbp5.jpg

Then, the complicated process to put the cockpit into the fuselage. the space in the fuselage is insuficient to the cockpit. so after a little sanding and cutting, I could done it.
cCPcLjj.jpg
VPXTf3i.jpg

Next, the wheel bay.....

Edited by tchwrma

Guest Peterpools

Don't worry at all, as your English is just fine. Very nice work on the front office and the scratch seatbelts and buckles look excellent.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Don't worry at all, as your English is just fine. Very nice work on the front office and the scratch seatbelts and buckles look excellent.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Tomorrow more updates.

Nice!

Looking forward to more.....................you dont see the Martlet being built VS the wildcat that often. :) :popcorn:

I choosed the Martlet to avoid the blue paint....Thanks!

Perfect English to go along with a superb build so far. This is going to be good fun following, thanks for posting such an interesting topic. Grant

Thanks, Grant. I will have a lot of fun assembling it, too. Fell free to ask whatever you need.

Good start mate! I have a bunch of 1/32 (and 1/48) F4F kits that I have grand plans for. We shall see! In the meantime I have yours to follow along with. Kev

Thanks, commander! Be my guest and please, stay as in your home to correct any thing that you fell need.

Very cool start tchwrma - will be following with interst sir-Those belts look good-are the belt buckles made from solder/lead? cheers

Thanks, my friend. The bucklesw was made with eletronic components(resistors) leads. The material is copper, and is very easy to conform, and a lot hard to keep the shape, after finished.

Very nice work so far on a kit I've been tempted to build.

This is the best kit of the wildcat, in the experts opinion, at least in 1/32. But this kit have some little troubles, who I intend to show in the process. But If you decide to try one, You will be very happy. Its a good kit.

Thanks, friends!

I did not know that. What makes it different from the Trumpeter kits?

None difference. Its exactly the same kit. Only the price is lower....The comparation is over the Old kits in '32, like the Revell one.