NICE BEAVER!

Out2gtcha

.............is what I hope people will say when they see my latest finished model...........

Not a more perfect RFI title if I DO say so myself! (shouty part for Phil and Big Matt :lol: )

Well, it started out as a simple project to keep my skills sharp while I waited for my GWB (Great White Buffalo / AKA B-25J Strafer) but that hasnt materialized yet, however the finish of the CHC-2 did.

This model started life as a 1/24th scale Cedar Creek CHC-2 Mk I Beaver (Yep, same one you've all seen advertised in Fine Scale Modeler but I got mine through DeHavilland Dreams web site), and I morphed it into the CHC-2 Mk II N888BH owned and flown by Ron Carleson, who uses it for hunting and fishing expeditions into the Alaskan wilderness.

Here is a pic of basically what the kit started life as, which is the Mk I, with the single round rear cargo windows, standard wingtips, two bladed prop, no elevator stabilizers, molded in exhaust and standard sized chin scoop :

DSC00463.jpg

HERE is a link to the WIP build for anyone interested in what was done along the way.

Here is a pic of what the real deal looks like:

110_N888BH_18092009_565_banner.jpg

This thing was SO hard to photograph, I’m shocked that I actually got any decent shots of er!

This model is strictly a "desktop scale" type model with no real aim towards complete accuracy nor scale. I had no intent on carrying out the complete interior, but wanted to make people who saw it recognize what it is...............more akin to say a prototype model sitting on some chief designers desk somewhere.

Here is what I ended up with minus the white "Arctic Expeditions" decals on each side of the fuse, which I will add later once they come in..................

Enjoy, and thanks for your support!

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

MORE BEAVER PICS…………….

Edited by Out2gtcha

I took a couple more outside on the front driveway in more direct sunlight since it was the only bloody place I could take a pic and include the whole airframe!

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

Thanks once again to all who comment and gave sage advice, and well wishes along the way..............you guys make it fun.

Cheers guys...........onward and upward!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

Brian

The end of a long and exciting journey. Thoroughly enjoyed the build from day one; informative and educational. The finished Beaver speakers for helself; One Gorgeous looking Lady. :clap2: :clap2:

Well done

Peter.

Edited by Peterpools

Brian,

Nice Beaver! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, you have made a wonderful job of this kit - it reminds me very much of the sort of RAF Careers type models that I had to make and refurbish during my time as a full time professional model maker with the RAF Exhibition Production Flight.

Well done.

Derek